Preview Mode Apparently Tied to eBay Account - Can't Use

There is the Editor Mode in which you view HTML.

There is a Preview Mode in which you are suppose to view the WYSIWYG mode.

There is the Live Mode in which you can view the listing on eBay.

I have started the process the closing a test eBay account, which immediately prevents you from buying or selling and can take up to 60 days.

Several test listings which I ended can be viewed in the Live Mode because they are are eBay’s servers.

The Preview Mode does not work any longer. Apparently for it to work it must be tied to an active eBay account. So in order to actually edit my previously made listings I’ll need to ask eBay to place a stop on closing the eBay account.

All the Preview Mode shows is an icon and the text “Generating Preview…”

As far as I know a valid eBay token is required to download the eBay category data and so to generate the Preview.

Please give this a try:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token. (Or add an eBay account that you first have to create on the eBay website, if not done already.)
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Regards, Kristian

You do not need a seller account for generating the preview. The screenshot is just a warning that you won’t be able to list with this account (with GarageSale). This is a limitation from eBay, not from GarageSale. eBay does not allow “new” accounts to list items with third party applications (they must list a few items through their website).

In fact, you do not need an account for generating the preview at all. The rendering of the preview may fail if you have an account with a broken/missing/expired token/authorization. Then the download of e.g. category data fails. You should simply delete the account.

I sell cross platform on another site and I cut and paste the descriptions all the time. Easy peasy. Pictures, also no problem. Double click photo to enlarge and do a screen shot for large photo. Drop to a desk top folder and done.

Hmmm. I have not seen the gear for more than a second or two during a set up. Like I was saying, I just cut and paste in preview mode. The stuff in editor mode is just gibberish to me and that is why I use GS because I don’t want or need to learn the code there. AppleScript is way over my computer skills and I have only used it to raise prices periodically.

Perhaps this is where GS gets the problems in type style, type color, and type sizes?
Below is a sample of what my listing shows in preview mode. I can copy paste text and copy the picture from it.

Yes, bulleted sentences, sentence returns, bold and color is stripped out when doing a cut and paste to the other listing platform

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.