Printer recommended for Shipping Labels

Hi I’m thinking about upgrading to the version 8 but if I do it I want to get the best out of it and labels could be one of those things. I might to print even 100 labels a day in the future so I need to do it fast and agile. I would like to know:

• what is the printer recommended for such task?
  • is the new system designed for such high volume?

I know I can use a regular printer and some stickers
sheets but I was thinking that a small printer with continuous sticker roll could be a good option. Just print, cut and stick to the envelope or parcel.

Please let me know which models do you recomend.
Thanks in advance for your help.

By using the label print feature in GarageSale 8 you can print order details (customer address, ordered items,…) on package slips or address labels.
By selecting multiple orders you can print multiple sheets/labels at once.

If not done already, you might give that feature a try first. You can test GarageSale 8 for free.

GarageSale so far comes with one address label template which is optimized for a 29mm label.
We can’t recommened a specific printer model but it’s no problem to add more label templates, e.g. for 36mm labels and so on.
It should work with a continuous sticker roll printer like a Dymno printer.

More about the label print feature:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Order_Section-Packing_Slips_and_Address_Labels.html

→ That actually won’t work out-of-the-box in GarageSale. It would require a customised label template that can handle multiple addresses on the same sheet.

More about creating own label templates:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Miscellaneous-Customize_Packing_Slips.html

Regards, Kristian

Thanks so much for the fast reply. What model of Dymno would be optimal?

I can’t give you a suggestion for a specific printer, sorry.
If you want to use the built-in address label template, a Dymno printer that can print on 29mm (height) labels would be ideal.
However, we can add additional labels for other sizes on request, too.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks again. Last question, I really wouldn’t need another software to print my labels like Endicia, would I? The new Garagesale 8 will give me all the info I need to print the labels and all the fields I might need.
I was reading that some people use Dymo 4XL or Zebra zp455, are those two good options that the system already recognizes and works perfectly fine with them?

Thanks!

No, you don’t need Endicia to use the packing slip/label printing feature in GarageSale.

No, for the the packing slip/label printing feature GarageSale can only take the details from an order as mentioned in my first answer above.
Feel free to test the feature in GarageSale so you get an idea how it actually works.

As I mentioned above I can’t give you any suggestions. In general you can use any printer that is recognized by your system.
As far as I can see the Dymo 4XL uses 104x159mm labels. So far there’s no optimized address label available for this size in GarageSale but if there should be any demand, we can add an additional label.

Regards, Kristian

Just to clarify: Endicia can put Postage labels on the printed labels, while GarageSale cannot do that.

I understand you don’t want to be responsible for recommending any brands but I really need an orientation about which one to buy because if I buy one and garage sale does not support the size that is going to be a waste of time. Can you at least provide a list of printers that already work with garagesale? I really need some light here…
May be is not the printer what is important but the size of the label, in that case please provide measures of the correct label for Garagesale software.
Thanks in advance for your help.

In general you can use any printer that supports macOS. I am pretty sure that every Dymo/Brother printer can be used. As far as I know @fedege96 is using a brother label printer. Maybe he can give some feedback.
Did you already give the packing slip feature in GarageSale 8 a try? As you can see this just opens the default macOS print dialog where you can select your printer and paper format.
If not done already, please test that feature in GarageSale 8 so you get an idea how it works.

GarageSale so far comes with one address label template which is optimized for a 29mm label.
We can’t recommened a specific printer model but it’s no problem to add more label templates, e.g. for 36mm labels and so on.
It should work with a continuous sticker roll printer like a Dymno printer.

As far as I can see the Dymo 4XL uses 104x159mm labels. So far there’s no optimized address label available for this size in GarageSale but if there should be any demand, we can add an additional label.

Regards, Kristian

Hello,
yes, I am working with a Brother printer, an older QL-570 with a 29 mm continuous label roll. GS template works good, you can print directly from within GS the shipping address and that’s time saving. There is just one specific “problem”. If you use a continuous label like me, GS prints a fixed length, which might be not enough for very long addresses or too much for short ones. If you use a multiple single-label roll, that’s perfect.

Have a nice weekend
Federico

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.