Problem Maintaining GS Pro Subscription, Ensuing Lock Out

I have been subscribed and fully paid to Garage Sale Pro for several years.

This year of 2022 my subscription payment appears to have been processed in early June based on the iwascoding confirmation email I received.

Throughout June and July I was using the GS Pro software with no problems, creating and revising eBay listings just fine, until tonight when I downloaded and installed the new GS Pro 9.0.5 software. After which, when I go to my GS Pro program under Preferences/GarageSalePro, it says “You are not subscribed to Garage Sale Pro.”

Furthermore, when I go to sign in using my correct email and password, I am denied access. Moreover, when I use the “Forgot Password” feature and enter my correct email address, the system accepts my correct email address, BUT then I never actually receive a password reset email (meantime I am NOT blocking iwascoding emails.)

Since I cannot sign into GS Pro, I am unsure of, and I cannot check or confirm what payment method is on file. I have checked my various bank accounts, and credit cards, and Payal, and I do NOT see the $149.90 payment processed anywhere.

Meantime I cannot of course revise any of my current eBay listings due to “not subscribed” to GS Pro.

All I want to do is:

1. Get or rather remain properly subscribed to GS Pro, and get my GS Pro software program to function accordingly;

2. Get my password to reset so that I can sign onto GS Pro and make payment and/or figure out what payment method is on file;

3. Figure out for sure whether iwascoding ever truly received the $149.90 subscription payment in early June, and from what source.

Thanks for your assistance on these matters!

I am sorry for the trouble. I just sent you an email that hopefully helps to solve the problem.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I still have not received any “password reset” email. Not from my own attempt, and not from you either.

When I attempt to open GS Pro software, I get a pop-up box that says:

GarageSale wants to use your confidential information stored in “GarageSale-Pro Account” in your keychain.” To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password. [Always Allow] [Deny] [Allow]

When I attempt to enter my correct GS Pro password, the box does not accept it.

Patrick

You just need to enter your macOS user password and then click the “Always Allow” button.

Please see the first entry here for more details:

Also, I just sent another “Reset Password” mail to the given email address. Please check your mail spam folder, if not done already. If still no luck, please let me know an alternative email address.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Ok but that window is now gone, and I cannot seem to bring it back despite opening the GS Pro software several times.

Instead I get a pop-up window that asks me to renew the eBay token. But if I correctly enter my eBay password, the attempt to renew the token fails.

Patrick

That’s probably because you denied access to your keychain.

It might be required to renew the eBay token completely:
Remove your eBay account from the GarageSale preferences > Accounts, restart your Mac and then re-add your eBay account.

If this won’t help, please give this a try:

1. Quit GarageSale if running.
  2. Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “GarageSale eBay Account” in the search field. (If you don’t find anything try it with “ebay token”.)
  3. Right-click on the eBay account token in the Keychain and select “Delete”.
  4. If done, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and add/refresh your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Hi Kristian,

Yes, I denied access, to make the pop-up go away, which was probably a dumb move.

But I went into “Keychain Access” as you described, and was able to click on "GarageSale-Pro Account” and then successfully entered my Mac OS password.

After that, my GS Pro Preferences displayed as “successfully subscribed”, and I was able to begin revising eBay listings successfully again.

My eBay “Token Download Date" displays as “Today” after I attempted several times to refresh, despite the fact that each attempt appeared to crash.

I also restarted Mac OS twice.

Two curious things still happen:

1. The refresh eBay token pop-up window still appears each time I start GS Pro software (despite the fact that I am clearly already currently refreshed);

2. Under “Accounts” in GS Pro Preferences, my eBay username appears with a “Needs Upgrade” tag.

Patrick

You should try to remove/re-add your eBay access token (“GarageSale eBay Account”) as described here:

If you remove it from the Keychain, make sure GarageSale is not running.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.