Problem selecting Category 1

hi all!

I haven’t had to create any new listings for about 3 months approx, but yesterday I failed to create a new Listing, as I cannot select the correct Category 1 for my item.

On the drop down list, which starts with Antiques, lets say I want to list an Antique…for example : I click Category 1 : Antique, then it gives me sub-options, in the next column, which starts Antique Clocks. Ok this second column does not appear in any other selections below the letter “C”, for example I cannot get a second column of options for Coins, nor Collectibles etc, all the Categories below Coins. !!!

Version : 7 0 15 (837)

…Just had a thought, I have updated my O.S. since I last used GS, I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 --does this have any bearing on my issue?

Any help much appreciated!

It seems that your eBay category data is out-dated and needs to be updated.

Please give this a try:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

hi Kristian, many thanks for coming to help so quickly!!

Unfortunately, I did that, token refresh, hit the sprocket icon in the category window, and it downloaded, I even closed and restarted, but it still won’t work…

to update you, it has repaired some Categories…I will retry the procedure again

It is all working now, many thanks again!