Recovering my previous listings

I had to save GarageSale to a backup hard drive, and am now attempting to access my old listings/templates. But after opening the application from the backup and signing in to my apple ID, I do not see any of these. How do I access them?

Did you only backup the GarageSale application but not the database file?
If so I fear your database is lost. Don’t you have a full backup of your system or user directory?
Do you maybe use Time Machine?

Regards, Kristian

I do believe the entire system was backed up on to this external hard drive. However, I am having difficulty locating where the database backup would be located.

GarageSale 7 keeps your database in a folder called
com.iwascoding.garagesale7 in your User Library* under
Macintosh HD/Users/yourUserName/Library/Containers

This folder must be copied from your Backup to the samelocation on the Mac. Make sure GarageSale is not running while doing this.

*Please note: The User Library is hidden by default. You can make it visible by opening your user directory and then from the menu choose View > Show View Options > Show Library Folder.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

After much experimenting, I located the User Library saved to the backup and found the folder. It was missing my last 3 years of work, but it was better than nothing. Thank you for your help.