Relisting v Starting

And one more thing on the topic.

When I selected the following 222 ‘ended with a sale’ items and then re-listed them.

I can see two levels of verification in the Activity Window.

1. Verification during the 222 selection process, and
  2. Verification as they are being listied.

David

Perhaps if you/we could schedule the cancel and restarts for times you are away from the computer it wouldn’t cause GS to be unusable? This way the verification processing time would not matter any more.

I see where you are coming from, Martin, but I would prefer to keep my eyes on the listing for any that fail. I have had to rebuild my DB twice in two years and consequently I am being very cautious. Besides, once listing has commenced I can still use GB.

The two non productive issues are ‘select all’ on a big folder and 'erase all deleted items.
Paul is correct in saying that erasing in smaller amounts would help but with 30,000+ items ending in the deleted folder each month it is not quite so simple and the unproductive time will be the same whether I do 1000 per day for a month or 30,000 once per month.
Scheduled deletions would help.

PS. Maybe Paul could explain what ‘select all’ takes so long?

Regards David

| rlmartin
December 31 |

• | - |

Perhaps if you/we could schedule the cancel and restarts for times you are away from the computer it wouldn’t cause GS to be unusable? This way the verification processing time would not matter any more.

Sorry that this is off topic. I am reporting a LOOONG beach ball occurrence. Here is a spindump on 532 listings that I changed 1 word in a pro listing components. It beach balls for 5 minutes. If I do 10 listings it is done in a split second. 1,000 and it will take 10 or more minutes, 1-2 seconds per listing, to change 1 word in a listing component. I did 2 spindumps, I wasn’t sure if all info was in 1

Spindump #2 12:30 listing components.txt (4.9 MB)
Spindump 12:30 listing componets.txt (5.5 MB)

I have been asking for this for years… :wink:

“How about adding the Auto-Delete of Deleted Listings (107506) and Deleted Orders (17050)???”

Just like the Finder does…

Happy New Year!
Neal

2 Likes

agreed! I use a periodic reminder (as in Reminders.app) to delete anything more than 3000 items in the trash, and I find myself doing it every couple weeks.

The mechanism in Photos.app is also very intuitive, for me: Deleted Items have to be “recovered” manually, and do not show up in searches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.