Removing eBay text from shipping label?

eBay AU have started adding more information to shipping data.

This is a problem when creating a label because its position in front of the street address confuses the mail sorting systems and post office.

Is there any way to remove this info (or even have it on a seperate line) when printing address labels from garagesale? I’ve tried creating a custom label, but this data seems to be part of the ‘address 1’ field, so if I remove it I lose the address 1 field completely.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. I’ve highlighted the unwanted info. Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.04.24 am Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.04.13 am

It’s odd that eBay adds this string to the street details. Are you using eBay’s Global Shipping Program?

In the GarageSale address label that “ebay:tx…” string is included in the [[order.shippingAddress.street]] placeholder.
We’d need to have a look at this why eBay adds it. @ilja

So far the only way to remove that string is to create a custom label and remove it with some javascript from the street placeholder text.

@AustImages You might want to check your email address. It seems that our support answering mail from two days ago couldn’t be delivered to your email address.

Regards, Kristian

Yes, it’s included in the [[order.shippingAddress.street]] placeholder. It’s also included in the [[order.htmlShippingAddress]] placeholder.

I’m not using the Global Shipping Program.

The text is different for every buyer, but it always starts with ebay: followed by 7 characters. I’m not sure what the characters mean. It’s not the buyers eBay ID.

If you look at the buyers address on the eBay seller hub, the text shows up. But it’s always on its own line. eg:
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 9.00.06 pm

Please find below a customized version of the address label. This label tries to remove that “eBay:…” text from the shipping address (street).

To install it unzip it and follow the instructions in the chapter “Locating and Storing Custom Packing Slips” here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Miscellaneous-Customize_Packing_Slips.html#locating-and-storing-custom-packing-slips

Hope this helps,
Kristian

address_label_-_remove_ebay_text.html.zip (1.5 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.