Return Policy Attribute Not Valid

It seems we need to update GarageSale to not offer the custom return policy text box. It seems eBay doesn’t like it anymore.

When you relist without changes, GarageSale only sends the item id of the listing to relist to eBay, not all the details. It seem in that case, eBay doesn’t check if the original listing had a custom return policy text message attached, hence you don’t get same error as during listing.

Michelle,
I just got off the phone with eBay. According to the rep I spoke with, restocking fees are no longer allowed on eBay. You might want to call and verify this yourself too.

Thank you, s11.

Oh, jeez! I just got off the phone with them too. Not only will they no longer allow stocking fees, but they only allow a few things which eBay itself has approved.

For example, I have always stated that if I described a thing wrong, or if it is damaged, etc. seller pays postage and buyer can get 100% refund. However, if the buyer decides s/he doesn’t like the color, or it turns out the buyer doesn’t fit into a size 10, but is a size 12, or if the buyer changes his or her mind, buyer pays and there is a 20% stocking fee.

Well, customer service says I can either indicate that seller will pay postage OR that buyer will pay postage. I cannot differentiate between return reasons that are my fault verses those that are the buyers’ fault. It’s all or nothing.

I’m fuming. Seriously, really seriously considering moving both shops to Amazon.

eBay is definitely pro BUYER. They are getting that way more and more. :rage:

I do hope GS does that soon, because it will take a good while to migrate my stores to Amazon and who knows where else.

I was unable to stop the problem – the nagging error – by simply removing my Return Policy from the sidebar. I apparently have to actually delete the whole thing. What a butt pain.

I am getting the same message when listing items and my returns are set as 30 days. In the return detail box it shows 14 days. You can’t bulk edit this item.

Sure you can:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Listings_Section-Bulk_Editing.html

However, all selected listings will have the same return settings after bulk-editing them.

Regards, Kristian

You have to empty the “Return Policy Details” text field in the return options and also don’t use restocking fees.
Both settings seem to be deprecated.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

And is there ANY way to do that removal in bulk? The “normal” way doesn’t seem to work…

It should work as expected. Please see the help here how to bulk-edit:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Listings_Section-Bulk_Editing.html

Regards, Kristian

That works for the policy statement in the PROPERTIES section, but not for the one in the OPTION section.

Please give this a try:

1. Select all the listings you want to bulk-edit.
  2. Open the Return options and type something into the “Return Policy Details” field. If done, click somewhere else to close the options.
  3. Select all the same listings again and open the Return options. You should see the previously inserted text in the “Return Policy Details” field. Select it and delete it.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.