Return policy value not valid

Hey everyone, hope everyone is well. Im new here please bear with me. SO i currently use a wordpress plugin and im fed up of it, trying to keep control of 3000 one off items is a nightamre…

NOw i keep getting Return policy value not valid… I do not use business policies… And i dont have anything like this error on my current listing software…

Any help would be great as i rally want to get going on this…

All the best

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 20.40.39
Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 20.45.36

You also have to be sure that shipping profile and payment profile says Don’t use. Either of these 3 will return this warning.

Hiya! thanks for the reply. Yeah i checked those, as the other plugin i used to use had this also… but all is good… :frowning:

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 00.28.12
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 00.28.32

but ive just noticed i do have this as well…
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 00.30.22

Do you get the same error if you create a new listing from scratch?

Also, does it make a difference if you active “International Returns Accepted”? If you offer international shipping you have to offer international returns, if I am not mistaken.

Regards, Kristian

Hiya, yeah same thing on a new one…

If i switch on international returns it lets me post, but i don’t offer international returns or my own shipping international… Only use ebay GSP?

I spoke to ebay and they said i dont offer returns even though i use gsp as they deal with it… or is that completely wrong from them ? ( please see screenshot ) from item listed with other plugin

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 11.40.33

All the best

You may want to make sure that eBay has not activated Business Policies for you. They can be pretty sneaky at times.

I have 100% of my listing profiles set to “INTERNATIONAL: no returns”

1 Like

yeah i checked that
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 14.07.07

I dont do my own international, only GSP by ebay,.,

Not sure whats going on really.

I’m in the USA.
I also do NOT do my own International. ONLY eBay GSP.
AND I’m in eBay Managed Payments also, for nearly 2 years.
NO eBay Business Policies.

Here is how I have all my listings setup:

Neal

Payments:
Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.17.50 AM

Returns:

ns:

Shipping:

Thanks for that… yeah thats same as mine… can i ask this though… if you select the drop down on shipping profile… do you have a profile there?? as even thought i dont use one & never have, nor are they on… there is one there?

All the best

Out of interest imported an item item from ebay…
Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 14.50.48

and have all theese?? but ive never have used policies…

WOW!!! I guess I do… A bunch of them! Must be eBay generated???

Also have a few Payment and Return Profiles listed in the popup menus. But, all of them say “Don’t use”.

Neal

Thats exactly the same sorter thing i have…

I think im going to activate business policies… to see if i can get on with it… while still working on this problem in the mean time …

Will update here with anything i find for anyone to use also :slight_smile:

Ebay generates them constantly. I had over 200 and wasn’t using them but when I did start to use policies I had to clear them all and move ones in use into 6 main policies. A couple hours work for 800 listings but simple to use ever since I started using policies

Hints: Number the policy you want to use and ebay puts in numerical order and also GS keeps them in that same order. Any time you do something odd ebay creates a new one… hence the France policy.

Payment policy I have 2 and returns policy is only one to choose from

1 Like

Yeah i found, when i went to change one, it owuld then make another like 5/6 for no reason…

Do you use the policies then? Never really been sure weather to or not

I have used policies for well over 1 year. A little bit of work to clear the many 100’s ebay had created but not a second of work since except 1 time deleting the few random ebay created over the year. GS is great in keeping my listings within the policies I have numbered in my photo above. The odd one was a special one created for 1 listing that wasn’t covered in my #1-8 list. The simplicity comes from always choosing from your predetermined list and that prevents ebay from making a new one for a tiny variable.