Return Policys.. how do i set to NO returns

I sell new/old books on Ebay, I check the books by page count etc. but I have had the occasional person want to return items, which they cleary have scanned (Broken spine, page creases & bends etc, and we are talking $100 + books) and even the occasional page torn out that I know was there. (this happend years ago, but aftre one sad even, of Feedback blackmain, where the customer clearly messages that they would leave negative feedback unless I refunded, and Ebsy, despite the message refused to intervene). I no Longer accept returns…

so what can be done.

I clearly state so in my listings that i willnot accept returns.

?03%20am

I gave tried the GS Help to find out what 46214572 is… and it only offerd me to do a Google search which returned usless (non clear gumbo) info.

You currently have a return profile selected which is part of your “Business Policies”.

“Profiles” for payment/shipping/returns are pre-defined rules which are mostly automatically created for each user by eBay. Hence the cryptic name. When used, these profiles override the settings for payment/shipping/returns you specified in GarageSale.
You can view and edit these profiles on the “My eBay” page. GarageSale does not create or alter any of these profiles. For more details about eBay’s business policies, please see the eBay help here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

However, if you’re a business seller I am not sure if it’s even possible to NOT accepts returns due to eBay rules.

Regards, Kristian

Thank for the explanation and link.

I dont know how many other ebay sellers get on, but I have had dealing with a few total @#$%^& on ebay who have ripped pages out of books, defaced with markers ets, and returned items that were in excellent condition when sold, in ruined condition, only fit for the garbage. and even comitted feedback blackmail, this has not happened for a yer or so now, (mainly because I have been selling so little) bit it only takes a few @#$% to destroy a years trading… to the point that I now sell more through a local antique centre, because of this… and to the point that I have almost given up on ebay several times…

Australian ebay just does not seem to care…

on th eother have first class help like this is greatly appreciated… regards, Sandy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.