Second Account: Custom Store Name

I just got a second account, and I need to include a custom store name.

Right now, it’s giving me, automatically, the name of my older store.

How do I go about doing that?

Hi Michelle,

did you already add your second eBay account in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts and also clicked on “Update account details”?

If yes, where exactly does it give you the older store name?

Regards, Kristian

Yes. Though it looks strange to me.

Where it says “eBay Username” it’s blank, while my first one has a userrname.

I tried three different times to make it work, but it won’t.

Now that I think about it, I can’t find where GS asks me for the store name.

account

Oops! I missed this question.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. It uses te older store name in the design templates.

Something seems to be corrupted with this account entry. Is that an account that migrated from an GarageSale 6 version?
I’d suggest to remove it (click on the minus button), restart GarageSale and then re-add the account.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

No. I dumped GS6 whem GS7 went into beta.

Okay.I’ll try that. Thanks.

I tried that and it didn’t work. So I decided not to use a store on the second account, since it’s obvious that it’s going to take some time to get this thing working, and I don’t want to have to pay for a month that isn’t a month.

So…I removed the account from GS. Tried repeatedly to get it to work. It seemed like it would work until I tried selling an item, at which point I’d get a message that my account wasn’t eligible to list items.

GS01

After countless attempts to get it to work, I closed GS and went straight to ebay and started over.

GS02

Success! Well…almost. I did get the test item listed. And eBay is aware of it.

So I tried listing a second item, this time with GS. But it says "Invalid store category ID…since it is a non-leaf…

GS04

What does that mean? I don’t actually have a store for this account. Where can I change it so that my old account still has a store but this one does not?

I’m thinking that there are clues here which are going over my head. Help!

Ok. I guess I’m not going to get help with this problem. I was hoping for an answer so I could start moving these 250 books I want to sell…

How about a quick question:

Can GS7 work if I have one store and one regular account? Or does it have to be two stores?

Could it be that the “use eBay store” checkbox is still enabled in your listing?

Also, is that account a newly created one with zero feedback points?

Of course, GarageSale supports eBay accounts with and without store.

Regards, Kristian

I wish there were a way to pretend that wasn’t the problem. Pretty simple…But I don’t think I ever knew that was there.

It looks like it’ll work, and I’ll know whether that’s true or not this afternoon.

Thanks, kristian!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.