Settings in app not holding on eBay webpage

I set the location of a sale for a different city in the app but it showed up on eBay in my home city. I also don’t use International selling and I had to turn that off as well on the webpage. Using lates version 9.3 (1516).

Did you set the location for the listing in the Inspector > Advanced?

What shipping options do you use in your listing? Do you maybe have a shipping profile selected? Feel free to post a screenshot of your settings.

While I have a screenshot of my settings in the app where it is listed at a relative’s address (which is what I wanted), I don’t have the one from the eBay webpage where it had it listed from 10024 (my home address). I had to revise the address through eBay.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 9.33.44 PM.png

• Did you actually find the location settings in the “Advanced” inspector in GarageSale? If yes, is your desired location entered there?
I wonder if we are talking about the same “location” here. I am talking about the “Item Location” that you can define in the Location settings.
Are you talking about the same item location or are you maybe instead talking about the “ZIP code” that you can enter in the package details for calc. shipping?¿

• Can you open the shipping settings in GarageSale and check if you made any settings in the “International” and “Global” tab?

While I found the conflict in the Advanced section [my location says New York], why isn’t it overridden by the Originating Zip Code [Texas] in the Shipping tab??

Scott

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 6.08.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-17 at 6.08.33 PM.png

I guess for eBay these are just two different settings. Entering the same location in both settings should fix the issue for you.

I think it may have to do with difference in location of business (possibly for sales tax purposes) and shipping location, in case you drop ship stuff

Thanks for the clarification.

Scott

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.