Shipping Categories have a huge problem!

I am having a huge problem with shipping categories. I get errors saying that there is no valid weight when trying to start the auction from my template. There always is a valid weight. Then when I finally get the item to list, there is an error on Ebay’s side saying I have invalid shipping options. When I go to the listing, sure enough, there is no shipping option there. This is beyond frustrating! Anyone know anything about this?

I have the same problem. I am using eBay’s Business Policies.

Hi plussizesetc,

are you referring to shipping policies (business policies), too?

Regards, Kristian

If I choose the shipping policy (business policy ) from the inspector I get an error saying I do not have a valid weight. If I ignore the inspector and just edit shipping within the template itself, then the listing goes to eBay, but there is no valid shipping once it gets in eBay. I have to go to eBay, mark all of my items to edit and see which ones show up with a shipping error. I then have to go and correct the shipping for each individual item.

Yes… If I choose the shipping policy (business policy ) from the inspector I get an error saying I do not have a valid weight. If I ignore the inspector and just edit shipping within the template itself, then the listing goes to eBay, but there is no valid shipping once it gets in eBay. I have to go to eBay, mark all of my items to edit and see which ones show up with a shipping error. I then have to go and correct the shipping for each individual item.

Are there any solutions to this issue? I have heard nothing.

Can you either post a screenshot of the error message and quote its exact text, so we find the code path the message is originating at. This way we can narrow down what’s causing this and hopefully fix it.

If I select a shipping option in the inspector this is the error I get:
“Error 717 The package weight is not valid or missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.”

If I do not choose a shipping option in the inspector, but use the dialogue box that displays within the template when I select the shipping button, then my auction does go over to eBay.
BUT - I then have to go to my item in eBay and see if it came over properly. It does not and when I go into ebays edit function this is the error I get -

"Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields. Shipping policy - please select or create shipping policy. "

So every time I list, I have to send my item to eBay without proper shipping coding, then go to eBay to correct the shipping coding.

Thanks for the reply. Seems the error message is returned from eBay, so it does not originate somewhere in GarageSale’s code. Makes it harder to figure out what’s going wrong.

We need to take a look at XML log from the time you are receiving the eBay error.

Can you please contact our support team at garagesale@iwascoding.com and include a link to this discussion?

I have the same problem. I know it maybe from Ebay’s site but it is very annoying. I bought the GarageSale app. and up to now i haven’t had the chance to post anything because of that 717 code error.
It seems that « plussizetc » didn’t get an answer.
I hope someone has an answer to that issue.
Many TX

Please get in touch with our support team at garagesale@iwascoding.com. We need to take a look your API logs to figure where this is coming from.