Shipping policy required error

Also, to be clear, this isn’t a case of mixing auction-specific shipping with policy-based shipping as support has mentioned here in the forum and a support email. AFAIK there’s no way to mix these two in any case.

It’s also not an issue of item weight as there is no weight field for any flat-rate shipping anywhere, not in GS and not in eBay’s policy editor.

The simple description for the issue is that new listings from Garage Sale will fail when NOT using pre-defined shipping and Payment policies.

With my account, there is absolutely no way to list a new auction without selecting a pre-defined policy. The root seems to be that no new policy is automatically created at eBay when listing with auction-specific shipping or payment settings as was happening just last week.

I’ll repeat: In the past, every time I used item-specific shipping details via Garage Sale, a new policy was automatically created at eBay. When I duplicated an auction so as to use exactly the same item-specific values I had used in the past, a new policy would not be created, but it would re-use the one that was created before. This could be verified in eBay’s Business Policies list as these automatically created policies had live auctions assigned them.

The above no longer happens and therefore we see the errors.

1 Like

I have some preliminary response from eBay. They are not aware of any change, that made shipping or payment policy mandatory. My guess is that this behavior is an unintended site effect of some unrelated updated.

If you are running into this problem, please send me your eBay username (you can use the private message feature of this forum if like - just click on my account’s image). That’s usually the first thing eBay asks us for investigating such issues.

Sent you my username at eBay if it will help to get to the bottom of this.

Just messaged you my userid. Thanks

just pm’d you my user id

Now I’m having problems starting a new auction here is my screen shot

when i click my ebay shipping policy it then gives me an error no valid weight. when i change or adjust the weight it goes back to specify shipping policy. it only did the missing image files once it doesn’t seem to be a problem at the moment

I am having the same problem: Custom shipping = missing shipping policy error. Shipping policy = missing weight error. Help! My ebay id is armadillotales_books.

If you’re selecting a pre-defined shipping policy within GS to try and work around the missing policy error, go to eBay, then go to your Business Policy listings within your Accounts tab.

Click on the policy you’re selecting to verify its contents, making adjustments as needed or making a brand new policy from scratch to contain the details you’d like.

I’m only using FLAT shipping types at the moment and never have any weight errors (that parameter isn’t supported for flat types).

I am having the same problem. My eBay user name is huffmanmd. I can not list anything at this point - please help!

I am having the same issue as well. Ebay account checkoutmycards-stryk

VERY VERY FRUSTRATED!

Use the workaround I posted above. In short, use a policy to list, and then change the shipping manually and revise.

Thanks but if I use the policy I get the invalid weight error. If I use the custom entry I get the needs a valid shipping policy error. It’s because I use calculated shipping. Basically I am in a loop of errors.

1 Like

Override it with flat shipping and then revise as you see fit - you should be able to change it to calculated shipping after it’s listed.

Sweet! Thank you! sigh

I don’t have Business Policy’s on my Account tab. Once again, this SUCKS!

Yep. Losing money each day on this crap. I am going to have to list directly in ebay old school style if this doesnt get fixed. Black Friday and cyber Monday are almost a week away.

I just ran into this problem also. Had to end 135 listings because of Markdown Manager glitch and can’t get the revised templates to launch. I would like to send a PM with user name but I don’t seem to have the option.

Please look here for a possible work around: Possible workaround for "shipping/payment policy" required errors