Smart Groups Fix

As I have documented, I have had issues with Smart Groups. One fix I have found is when I want to locate all items with GTC. I have tried previous suggestions but for me the fix was.

12 pm

Here is another fix for Smart Groups

Image 1 & 2 shows that some items are being selected incorrectly for a smart group
BIN > 11. In fact they do not have a BIN price at all but one that is shadowed out of 14.99

So I changed the shadowed out value to a real value of 1.99 then removed it and voila, the listing disappeared from the smart group.

26 pm

Try adding adding this filter to your Smart Group:
Uses Buy It Now is Yes

45 AM

And here are my results :frowning: Clearly shows multiple items with prices < 999.99

Great fix Neal

Works a treat

David

Essential, but unfortunately undocumented knowledge: GTC items use a duration of “1000”, so you might want to filter for that.

Have you tried to rebuilt your indexes already?

Hi Ilja,

Yes. I did this yesterday. It took about 22 minutes. Here is the Console output. Does not seem to indicate any issues, nothing abnormal. RebuildIndexes.txt (1.2 KB) See below.

Rebuilding indexes did not have any effect on my Buy-It-Now Smart Group results. I will document more in the original thread.

But, my question is “Why should I need to rebuild the indexes???” Have you seen problems with the database indexes? I only converted from v6 to v7 <2 weeks ago.

Neal

Mar  8 18:16:37 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSLibraryImage
Mar  8 18:16:38 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSPayPalTransaction
Mar  8 18:16:42 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayMessage
Mar  8 18:16:42 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSSecretDBObject
Mar  8 18:16:43 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSOutlineGroup
Mar  8 18:16:43 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSAccountReportSetting
Mar  8 18:19:29 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayOrder

Mar  8 18:35:53 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayListing
Mar  8 18:35:56 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSAddress
Mar  8 18:36:02 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayOrderTransaction
Mar  8 18:36:02 Neal-Trautmans-iMac-Computer GarageSale[1525]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayReport

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.