Some new issues

Hi,
I do a little list of new problem I am having with 7.0.5. (783):

• unsold auctions relist also if auto-relist feature is disabled. This is a bit problematic for me since on eBay.it every single auction costs 0,37 cent… and I already give too much money to eBay…

• if I change eBay site of an active listing (30 days with auto-relist with changes), when it expires it is not relisted because of some problem (red icon with ! in advanced tab). If I manually do “relist”, it says I cannot change currency, BUT… if I just double that listing and start (changing nothing else), it starts without any problem… so I suppose this is a new issue…

• sometimes folders open on their own. I left GS running and I went outside, when I came back I saw many many folders opened… I don’t know why, maybe GS opens the output folders also after relisting?? (I say “also” because there is still this annoying problem: GarageSale 7.0.5 Released I already did a video of this problem…

• for now I think that’s it… ah, yes, another one, I told you about this months ago but today I discovered this issue is stil here, if I mark as paid an item through GS, on eBay the order is still marked as unpaid…

I hope you could do something… let me know

Thanks
Federico

The code here does leave much wiggle room. Either auto-relist is on or off. Therefore my guess is that, you might have listings in your database with auto-relist enabled, that you can’t see for an unknown reason.

GarageSale 7.0.6 B2 will add a smart group property called “auto restart”, which should show all listings with auto-restart enabled, even if there don’t show up in the hierarchy.

Another source of problems could be the long run of GarageSale’s update operation. Maybe that is confusing the code at some point. We’ll add more logging in on of the next better to get to the source of this.

Can you give me an example? Are you switching from the IT to the US site?

You are probably right, this is some kind of list or re-list operation that tries to update the hierarchy. Let me know if you recognize any pattern in this. [quote=“fedege96, post:1, topic:2327”]
for now I think that’s it… ah, yes, another one, I told you about this months ago but today I discovered this issue is stil here, if I mark as paid an item through GS, on eBay the order is still marked as unpaid…
[/quote]

This will be fixed with 7.0.6 Beta 2.

This sounds complicated… what’s strange is that I was completely sure that I disabled the auto-restart feature of those auctions, but they were relisted… and it is not enabled…

Yes, I started 1 month ago about 150 listing on eBay.it (all 30-days + auto-restart enabled “with changes”), then after they were all started, I selected all them, then I bulk changed the site to .com (and so category, profiles, … there were nothing missing). They were fine, so I supposed that after they expired, GS automatically restarted them “with changes” putting them on eBay.com , but, when they expired, they did not restart at all. All 150 listings had a red warning error icon in advanced of inspector. If I manually tried to restart, GS told me it was not possible because “I cannot change the currency” (it makes no sense since currency automatically should switch from € to $ when you select eBay.com). So I tried to double thos auction and I changed NOTHING!! Now they relisted without any problem!! In my opinion, GS needs a sort of “refresh” after changing the site. I noticed that the currency remains in € after changing eBay site and I suppose (not sure, just an idea) this caused the error that did not allow relisting… I hope this will make sense…

Well, there are 2 different situation. The first one is when you start a normal listing from a model (duplicate+moving options are enabled). The second one is quite difficult to understand, when I am not in front of the computer and GS is running alone, when I came back I found many many folders opened (and have really many folder…). I will try to pay attention but I am not sure what causes this issue…

Fine

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.