Spinning beach ball

I am glad I finally found where to ask this question…I will be working along and the suddenly the spinning ball appears for sometimes up to 20 mins…i don’t mind taking a break sometimes but I like to decide when…How can I stop this from happening?..Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to the user forum!

Please let us know which version of GarageSale you have installed. (Just select ‘About GarageSale’ from the ‘GarageSale’ menu in GarageSale.)

Does this happen sporadically or can you reproduce it, e.g. does it only happen in “Live” mode?
Is there everything fine with your internet connection?

Regards, Kristian

Our version is 70.9 (811)We are always live when I am working…Our internet connection is fine…This has been happening for months but this is the first time I have found a place to get my questions answered…It happens every day, about 8-10 times a day…Regards, Linda

Michael& Linda Candelora

Can you please also follow these instructions to gather more diagnostic data?:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running
  2. Open the “Activity Monitor” application (under /Application/Utilities)
  3. Select GarageSale from the list of running applications in Activity Monitor
  4. Now do something you are pretty sure that will cause the beachball/hang to come up for several seconds.
  5. Chose “View” menu > “Sample Process” (Activity Monitor will probably ask you for an admin password at this point)
  6. Wait while the sample is taken
  7. Save the sample output into a file and send it to us or our support:
    http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Support.html

Regards, Kristian

I must say that since updating to the latest version (7.0.9 811) I have been seeing waaaayyyyy to much of this rainbow spinning ball. everything has slowed down and I’m getting a bit frustrated.
any ideas on how to fix this prob?
cheers, Sondra

Can you please give this a try, too?:

Regards, Kristian

I hope this is it!

Michael& Linda Candelora

Sample of GarageSale.txt (341 KB)

Thanks for the “Sample” file. Here is a version that adds some optimizations to the code parts your file showed GarageSale to be stuck in. Please give it a try, and if you see the beach ball again, please send in another sample.

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2017-11-07.dmg

It’s still happening…Here’s the new sample…

Michael& Linda Candelora

Sample of GarageSale.txt (370 KB)

Hmm, can you try again with this version:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2017-11-08.dmg

Before recording the Sample, make sure the GarageSale app says it has version 7.0.10a1, and not 7.0.9.

Thanks.

Sample of GarageSale.txt (72.6 KB)

Sorry, you are still not using the version from the link I sent you. Line #8 in the sample file says Version: 7.0.9, but the version I sent you is 7.0.10a1, so you are on the wrong version.

ooohhh someone sounds a bit snarky :open_mouth: sorry I missed that instruction about upgrading before I sent the report … have followed your instructions now and attached the latest report. sorry to upset you :grin: Sample of GarageSale.txt (67.7 KB)

No worries. I assume you still saw the spinning beach ball when you recorded the sample?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.