Start vs Relist Launch Control window opening speed

I think you are asking 2 different questions here, in light of Kristan response. GS won’t “auto restart” if you end them 6 hours before they are due to end. You can’t “auto restart” them you will be either “Starting” a listing or “relisting” them.

@kristian I believe you are working. When you manually end a listing from within GarageSale, auto-restart will not kick-in.

1 Like

Amazing how one missing word can make so much difference. I missed the “AUTO” from the “STOPPING” of items 6 hours before they were due to end. In this case “AUTO-RESTART” will work.

I am just trying to get my head around what will happen.

In this (AUTO STOP & AUTO RESTART) scenario , is “AUTO-RESTART”:
a “START” (as one would get with any normal non-auto start)
OR
is it a “RELIST” (as one would get with any normal non-auto relist)?

It may make a world of difference to the time taken to run AUTO-RESTART.

The spinning beachball would be a disaster when trying to stop 1000s of items.

I guess it is the term “AUTO RESTART” that is the confusing issue.

GarageSale’s ‘Auto-Relist’ feature uses eBay’s Relist feature.

1 Like

Thanks Ilja

So auto restart is the same as auto relist?

Regards David

| ilja
May 16 |

• | - |

GarageSale’s ‘Auto-Relist’ feature uses eBay’s Relist feature.

Everything I manually end and manually start again end up on the ebay “unsold and not relisted” page. Before April 28 I let GS end and relist. On April 28 that page suddenly has all my “restarts”. That I would say agrees with what ilja has said.

“Restart” is not on the menu bar, “Relist” is BUT it is in the sidebar
Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 12.53.21 PM
These 2 need to be changed to “Relist” like where it says relist with changes
Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 12.54.34 PM

Yes, I agree. Changing the word “Restarts:” to “Relisting:” and “Automatic Restart” to “Automatic Relist” would make sense and be less confusing.

Neal

1 Like

GarageSale 9.4 Beta 1 is a Big Improvement!

Starting 50 listings now takes about 8 seconds for the Launch Control window to open, down from 40 seconds.

100 listings takes about 14 seconds.
222 listings takes about 27 seconds.

Although when actually starting the listings, pictures no longer seem to be uploading concurrently in parallel. Seems like the “Use multiple connections” checkbox used to upload/check 4 listings photos at the same time. Now all 4 listing photo uploads/checks are done serially, as shown in the Activity Viewer window.

Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.