Sub catergories dissapeared

I sell vinyl records, and lot’s of them. Have just noticed all my sub-catergories are no longer there, everything is now just in ‘Music → Records’ on the live-side, and there are now no longer any sub catergories, like Albums/Singles/Genre’s etc…what has happened???

All prepared listings in design view now have a question mark on the catergory, and I can only select ‘Records’ as the catergory. All online listings have switched to just ‘Records’ also and are no longer in any sub-catergories like genre. Literally all of them, close to a thousand products and have aprx 4000 more which were ready to go. Months of work selecting sub-catergories now gone?

this is happening accross the board on my other machine I run garagesale on and on all 3 ebay accounts I sell on. All are up to date.

It seems that your eBay category data is out-dated and needs to be updated.

Please give this a try:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

that doesn’t do anything, still no sub-catergories under ‘Records’.

Cassettes/CD’s should also have sub-catergories but as you see from the pic above, nothing.

Everything is up to date like I said.

ok, some progress. all these sub-catergpries are all messed up. ‘music memorabillia’ is the only catergory with a sub-catergory under Music. It seems all the sub-catergories have moved in there, and no real logic to the order or why. see pic below, all those genre’s should not be in there. .

and obviously all those catergories under Indie/Britpop should not be in there, and are the sub-catergories for Music Memorabillia.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Removal-of-ALL-subcategories/m-p/5904080#M404731

So, if anyone else is interested ebay has gotten rid of sub-catergories in music->records and the only way to select genre is now through ‘item specifics’. which is the most ridiculous thing ever, especially if you have bulk listings up already like I do and have used garagesale’s sub-catergories for selecting genre. So I now have to change aprx 5000 product listings individually to re-assign a Genre, or just call it a day with eBay…

If you have so many auctions, do you organize those with some kind of database? If yes, you may set those item specifics through apple script automatically. I may assist you in how to do that if you want.

As @markus pointed out it should be possible to create an AppleScript that reads at the old category number from your existing listings, adds the corresponding Genre attribute, sets the category to “Records”.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.