Suddenly, I'm unlicensed?

I was about to add a new listing when GarageSale said I could only add 3 items, because I was “unlicensed.” The About section confirms my software is now “unlicensed.” This is after I upgraded to 9.0.2. I have a license key from 2019, but it doesn’t work. I don’t recall being asked to pay for the upgrade. Did I miss something?

I think the new pricing schedule kicked in with the update to 8.0 2 years ago. I’ve been paying the yearly subscription for 3 years.

GS worked last month; I don’t recall if I updated before or after April 30th. Shouldn’t GS have asked for money when I upgraded from 8 to 9? I dont subscribe to Pro, but paid what I thought was a one-time fee. I’m not saying I won’t pay, but I wasn’t asked and I didn’t find any place on the website for paying an upgrade fee — just new users and upgrading to a Pro subscription.

Looks like you got the test program.
Try this page to get your licence

Here is the page with pricing schedule.

Actually, no, to get the upgrade rate ($19.99) versus the new-purchase price of $39.99, I had to click on “Buy LIcense” within the program. I’d already upgraded to version 9. I didn’t realize I’d have to pay for the upgrade, or that I was “buying” a license (since I’d already bought one). There wasn’t a way on the pages referenced above to release v.9 on an upgrade, at least not that I could find. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

please contact our support about this. If you are eligible for a free upgrade then you just get the free license (and GarageSale 9 will download it automatically). If you really purchased a you will recognize it as you have to enter your CC info.

You can always downgrade to GarageSale 8.

Thanks,
Paul

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.