The EAN field is missing... error code

Hello,

I sell handmade products on ebay through GS, and I’ve just opened my first store after selling privately for ages.

So I tried to list straight off the bat, but it didn’t work as I had to list an item directly through ebay first. So it listed like normal via ebay.

So I’ve tried many times now and it’s asking for an EAN number which I don’t have coz the item is handmade.

What is the workaround?

Cheers
Tim.

Hi,

it sounds you’re still using GarageSale 6?

1. Please make sure that you have GarageSale 6.9.7 or higher installed.
    The “Barcode” field is located in the “Options” Inpsector!

2. Please update the eBay category data. To do so open the GarageSale preferences and update the categories in the Categories tab.
    Choose ‘Download Anyway’ if GS tells you the categories are already up-to-date!
    (Make sure the correct eBay site is selected in the GarageSale preferences>General.)

3. Leaving the barcode field empty should be accepted by eBay, too. It’s important that you (force)update the eBay categories first (see step 1).

Please note: If you’re using the variations feature you should consider to upgrdae to GarageSale 7. It supports barcodes (or leaving them empty) on the variations level, too.

Learn more about the all new GarageSale 7 here:
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Regards, Kristian

Thanks Kristian,

Tried option 1 and 2 but still no joy.
Have since updated my Mac to latest version also so gonna try again.
If it still doesn’t work I’ll try the upgrade.

Cheers
Tim.

Getting these messages now.
Apart from the paypal one, how do i overcome these?

Just refreshed the access token and the message is still the same.

After a bit of research, looks like I have to contact eBay for the restriction lift.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.