Today unable to drag and drop photos into GS 9.6

I use Garage Sale 9.6 on my iMac running Mac OS Monterey 12.7.2. I have always been able to drag and drop photos from a folder on my Desktop into GS in Prevue mode. As of this morning that is no longer working. The drop areas are grayed out. I tried closing GS and restarting my computer but they are still grayed out. How can I fix this?

I run 12.7.3 Monterey and drag and drop works for me. I tried at the top and in the listing and they both took the photo fine

Happened to me last week running Ventura 13.6.3 but a reboot fixed it.

It turns out that Ventura also has an active bug where Finder occasionally stops responding to file-dragging. When that happens, I can often do a few by option-dragging (which would normally duplicate items, but if I’m dragging to another app, that is the idea anyway).

I was having this problem the last few days after it working for hours it just all the sudden stopped accepting the drops to GS. I shut down GS and rebooted my MacBook and then it worked again as usual. It then happened again another day after a few hours and so this time I just closed down GS and opened it again and it started working again, so I assumed the reboot was not required and that it was a GS bug. Might be different than your experience but just sharing what worked for me.

1 Like

Yes, I think there’s been something buggy/sloppy in Drag-and-Drop support in the last couple of system updates of both Monterey and Sonoma (probably involving iPad interoperability and Hand Off), and it affects app behavior including Finder. “Did you turn it off and back on again” is generally useful. :slight_smile:

Late yesterday evening drag and drop began working again. It was still working this morning so apparently it resolved itself. I did notice in Ina Steiner’s Ecommercebytes newsletter she noted that there had been complaints about eBay pictures not uploading. Possibly that had something to do with my issue. Thank you to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions and share experiences.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.