Transfer v7 to new macbook

Howdy,

Can I DL GS V7 to install on a new macbook I’m purchasing today? I have thousands of templates that I am backing up and occasionally like to reference them. Thank you.

You can still downloadthe old version 7 by clicking on the grey “Download Older Versions” field here:
https://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html
(you have to scroll down a bit)

You also might want to transfer your GarageSale 7 database to your new Mac. This is how:
GarageSale7 keeps your database in a folder called
com.iwascoding.garagesale7 in your User Library* under
Macintosh HD/Users/ yourUserName /Library/Containers
To make your database available on a new Mac, this folder must be copied to the corresponding location on the new Mac. Make sure GarageSale is not running on your old or your new Mac while transfering this folder to its new location.

*Please note: The User Library is hidden by default. To access it click the Finder’s “Go” menu and press the option (alt) and shift key to make the User Library show up in the menu. Selecting it will open it in the Finder.

If you’re switching to a new Mac with Big Sur it’s highly recommended to upgrade to GarageSale 8.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.