Typing in SKU field is slow

Hi,
the new version 8.1 has a new issue: when you type into SKU field, letters are very slow before appearing, it’s like slow motion. Let’s give a try, here’s a video (I finished writing about when DEC is completed).

Federico

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue here but I see that you’re using third-party tool. It’s “PopClip” I guess?
This tool most likely causes that issue, like it already caused issue with the title fields in the Preview.

Was there an update recently that could explain why it behaves that strange all of a sudden?

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,
I cannot explain how it is possible, I just tried again and there was no delay, PopClip was not disabled. It typed correctly. How is it possible? Maybe there was a specific activity in background that caused the problem? :thinking:

Please start to record a “Sample” from Activity viewer, then type into the SKU field, so we can see what’s going on.

The same issue is back, it still very slow when I write into SKU. I did a Sample, I will send it to you @ilja shortly.
Let me know.

GarageSale immediately updates the preview with the new SKU while you are typing in the SKU field. In the past, this hasn’t been a problem, but when I checked now, we are getting 3 change notifications from the system for each typed character, so the preview is updated 3 times.

For the next beta we will disable the “update-while-typing” thing and only update the preview when your press return or leave the SKU field.

1 Like

Thanks Ilja, so there was actually an issue there. Good to know it will be fixed soon.

The SKU issue is fixed with the last version. Thanks, let me know for other bugs I reported.

I cannot reproduce the bug with the misaligned Trash icon.

I fixed the bug where the „Use multiple connections“ checkbox was disabled each time you started a single listing. Will be in the next Beta Release.

Will look into the selection change will bulk-resisting once I find some time.

Thanks @ilja for the fix !

To reproduce it, put a listing into the bin. When it is empty, the issue does not appear.

Not happening here with full Trash bin either. Maybe it’s an operating system issue? Which version of macOS is this?

10.12.6. For now it does not seem to create other problems, but that issue was not there before…

We have 3 computers working with garage sale, we do not use sync feature due to ghost listings and other issues relating to the larger .RAW photo images we use in our interface. All 3 computers use different databases and we share listings on our database. We just switched over from GS7 and GS8 is a much more stable and quick program HOWEVER we also encounter these slowdowns which can creep the interface to a lag similar to GS7. We suspect a memory leak because a simple exiting of the program and a task manager SUDO PURGE (look up how to do this correctly so you don’t close another program where eyou need to save something first) will correct the issue and erase this latency. In a typical 4-6 hour GS work day this has to be done 2-3 times.

I would recommend trying this?

Do you see a beachball when this is happening? Have you checked how much free memory (RAM) your Mac has when the slowdowns occur?

There are no beachballs, there is simply a lack of response when you click items or scroll through listings, edit attributes, SKU, etc. I can turn on the activity monitor the next time I view it and share what I see. Thanks

Yes, please run the “Sample Process” command from the “View” menu in the Activity Monitor on GarageSale when it starts acting slowly. This way we can see where it is spending its time.

It could also be that your Mac is running out of RAM and needs to swap memory in and out from your disk, so please also check how much memory GarageSale consumes.

Sample of GarageSale.txt (108.5 KB)

spikes at 75% CPU usage
725mb Memory
energy impact 27

seems specifically related to having side windows open for extended periods of time (I keep open the ATTRIBUTES, CATEGORY or SHIPPING tabs). Pleas don’t change those features though because it saves so much time to keep those open. I would prefer to have slowdown and then to restart, than have to click open every tab for each listing. Thanks