Unable to re-index for V 8.2

Hi
I am unable to install the latest Version of GS because I cannot get past the “Pop-up Indexing Message” (again).
So it looks like my dodgy database is catching up with me. One of the things that I noticed recently is that i have duplicates of some items but when I try to delete one of the duplicates, both items are deleted,
Before deletion

After deleting one of the items

I have Export dumps of the two items with extension gslisting but I am unable to attach them:

Any ideas?

David

When you try to start GarageSale 8.2 and can’t get past the “Indexing” message, do you see any logs in the “Console” application?:

1. Open the application “Console” located in Applications/Utilities. (You can also simply use the Spotlight search to find/open “Console”.)
  2. Put “GarageSale” into the filter field in the upper right corner. (Without the quotes) The “filter” field looks like a search field.
  3. Select all the lines and then copy them (to copy it just select “Copy” from the “Edit” menu)

I don’t think there’s the need to send us these files. I think it’s an issue with your database and not with these specific listings.
Just for the notes: To attach GarageSale listings to a post here, you have to zip it first.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian

Tried that with with the version I am running but exactly the same. . re-index just hangs.
No log that I can see.
Switched in my previously saved “good” version in Containers but now I get the message

Managed to restore a version form yesterday but it has been bloody hard going.

Hi Kristian

Any ideas how to handle this?

David

Maybe @paul or @ilja (when back from vacation) have a better idea but the “auto-repair” mechanism from the debug menu might be worth a try.

Regards, Kristian