Unable to select 'Collect in Person' postage option

Hi,

sorry for that. We are still trying to find a solution with eBay for the API GarageSale is using. We will fix this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, any idea of a rough eta?

25 days is dragging on a bit and stuff is starting to build up.

Sorry, not ETA for resolution of this issue yet. Ebay dev support suggested two different workarounds to us, but none of them worked so far. Waiting for their next reply. :man_shrugging:

We might finally have found a solution for this problem. Please check this beta release of GarageSale 7 and report back. (A new beta version of GarageSale 8 with the same changes will follow shortly).

Any feedback if Local Pickup is working again?

I will hopefully try this tonight…

1 Like

Hi - now getting a RETURN POLICY IS NOT SPECIFIED error. I am set at RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED….

Can you send me the listing that you are trying to upload?

Hi,

I get policy issues all the time (long before the recent ‘local pickup’ issue).

The software wants us to use eBay policies, however, I do not have any set up. Nor do I want to at the moment as everything I sell is random and not bulk items. But yes, frequently I get errors where GarageSale won’t allow a listing to proceed as I have not specified a policy. The problem is, once you do select a policy, for example shipping, it then also wants a returns policy, a payment policy etc.

When I get these errors I have to resort to doing a listing direct using the eBay app…which takes ages.

Thanks,

Phil.

Hello All,

I am able to list again, which is great news, but unfortunately, I am unable to revise any listings due to the postage issues. Please see screenshot for further info.

Fingers crossed I just missed something.

Is the listing you are trying to revise a “Local Pickup Only”/“Collect in Person” listing?

Hi,

The new beta version seems to have helped this issue but has introduced another…

Now, even if I select ‘Returns not accepted’ in GarageSale, when creating a listing, the final listing in eBay has 30 day Returns allowed. Hopefully this is a quick one to resolve?

Regards, Philip

This version might address the issue with the wrong return policy:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.21b2.dmg

Please let me know your findings!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.