Unable to select 'Collect in Person' postage option

Hi, I’m trying to list a computer for sale with a ‘Collect in Person’ option only because I cannot ship it.

When I select ‘Collect in Person’ from the Domestic Shipping Options, I get an listing error stating that I must select another shipping option (which clearly I don’t want to do).

If I delete the shipping options entirely, the software asks me to enter a shipping option.

So I’m stuck and unable to list my item.

GarageSale does not appear to have the same options that eBay does, where there is a ‘dropdown’ that allows you to pick ‘Local collection Only’, which is NOT a shipping option.

So, to get round this, I have to list my items with a shipping option like courier, then manually go into the listings on eBay and remove the courier option after it is listed.

Can anyone offer some advise on how to select ‘Local collection Only’ without selecting it as a shipping option?

Regards,

Philip

I’ve used this several times, and not had a problem. If I recall, I selected “Flat Rate”, “Local pickup only”, and “$0” cost.

I just tried that with a duplicate of another listing, and it verified. Are you sure you have not got “International” or some other shipping set as well?

(but I’m based in the US)

Hi,

Yes, I’ve only got Domestic selected and the same 3 options you have listed above.

What I don’t understand is why it asks for a secondary shipping method when collect in person is selected?

On the eBay website there’s another option for local pickup only which is separate from ‘domestic/international’ options, which is not appearing in GarageSale. The only local pickup option (that I can find) appears under the Domestic shipping tab.

Regards,

Philip.

Hi Philip,

could you post a screenshot of your domestic shipping options, please?
Also, what eBay site do you use?

Regards, Kristian

Here is what I see:

I’m using eBay.co.uk.

The error is generated by the eBay server. Can export your listing and send it to us for further investigation?

Hi, how do I sent it to you? I’ve exported the gslisting file but it won’t let me upload it (saying it must be a valid file type).

Have you tried to compress it using the context menu in the Finder? If that doesn’t help, you can always mail it to garagesale@iwascoding.com

Hi,

I’ve sent the file to your e-mail. I would appreciate if you can look at it, thank you.

Received your exported listing, tried and received the same error you are getting. I opened a ticket with eBay developer support, but from the error message it sounds that some genius at eBay decided that not accepting listings that only offer ‘collect in person’ is the desired behaviour. :man_shrugging:

Hi,

Yes it looks that way. But if I use the eBay site, it allows the collect in person as an option…there’s no need to even enter a shipping option. It’s a stand-alone option.

Are you waiting for a response from eBay?

Kind regards,

Phil.

Yes. Thanks for the information about the behaviour on the eBay website.

eBay get back to me. They changed their code to fix some kind of bug, which broke GarageSale when offering a single “Local Pickup” or “Collect in person” shipping service.

eBay suggested a workaround, which doesn’t solve the issue. I’m waiting for additional feedback now.

Hi,

Any news from eBay on this error?

It’s stopping me from using GarageSale at the moment.

Regards,

Philip.

Sorry, nothing new from eBay since last week. I’ll bug them again.

HI, I am also having this issue, just wondering is there is any update?

HELP please, im having this issue aswell, i can upload the listing via GS with collect in person but i have to pick a postage service otherwise i get the error message. i then go through eBay into the advert and select “revise the listing” and select collect in person and it gives me the option to remove the postage service garagesale is forcing me to select, and just leave collect in person on the listing. but if i try it via garagesale i get this message attached below.im using gs ver 7.0.20 46

Hi,

Yes we really need a resolution to this. Having to manually change our listings on eBay is Time consuming and it defeats the purpose of using GarageSale.

It’s been long enough now…

An update please, this has been going on for a while and defeats the point in using garagesale for me, most of my items need to be collected in person.