UPC & Shipping Policy Issues Perssist in Garage Sale

Even though I have these policies, I have always been duplicating auctions that have their own settings defined for Shipping and the same payment settings - they match the policy data.

But this is what’s causing the errors. If instead I override shipping and Payment in the app with the specific pre-defined policies, the errors aren’t generated. Only a warning is generated saying PayPal has been added (even though it’s the only payment type in the policy).

So it seems like based on setting preferences for payment and shipping in the app, a policy is not being created at eBay with that data. I don’t know if this is a new bug in eBay’s API or a bug in Garage Sale.

IMO, having to predefine a shipping policy in advance is onerous and we really have to be able to modify for specific auctions and list without having to worry about it. The creation of a policy to satisfy any API requirements needs to be done transparently so as not to tie the user down.

Hi,

Has solution been found for the. “Shipping Policy Required” and the " Payment Policy Required" Error messages. I am having the error messages show up and can’t list the items because of it.

I have updated to the latest version of Garage sale

The only option that has worked for me is to list with no policies at all in Garage Sale. Once the listings post to eBay, I have been bulk editing them to add the policies.

It is inconvenient and I hope the issue is addressed quickly by Garage Sale. Even with this issue, though, I still think Garage Sale is faster (especially for large numbers of similar items) than using eBay’s tools.

Here is beta version that adds a local check for this error:

NA in the inspector’s barcode field worked for me too. Thanks!

same issue here, how can I get garage sale to work???

Downloaded Beta but now it tells me

Please select profiles for shipping, payments, and returns, or use no profiles at all.

where do I select a profile?

using the beta and still get this messages

Now using Version 6.9.8b2 (627) and opted out of business policies on ebay still can’t list via Garage Sale

or this message if I use different settings

I mean I purchased garage Sale to make things easier but nowadays it seems much quicker listing with ebay directly

The most recent beta version of GarageSale 6 is 6.9.8 Beta 6, please use that version instead of Beta 2. Here’s the link:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_6.9.8b6.dmg

You need a choose a profile from any of the three popup buttons I encircled on the screenshot below (so they all appear blue) – or choose the “Don’t use profile” option so they all appear grey.