URGENT: Automatic Relisting question

Such a feature would be nice indeed, but as part of a general “Rules” feature, where you define actions (such as move to folder), that are triggered by certain events (such as listing sold).

But that’s a different topic than auto-relist. Maybe something for GarageSale 8.

@ilja I have found a problem. When I start a listing with auto-relisting checked, it doubles, the active one moves, the copy stays there but auto-relisting field is not checked, I mean the copy does not keep it marked…

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure I paid extra attention to get this working correctly.

That the auto-restart option is not copied is the default behavior when you manually duplicate a listing. But the when then copy is done through auto-relist, the options stays enabled.

I am using it right now, I do a video…

@ilja look here https://www.dropbox.com/s/kowydonmu6uidzh/20160824-051636.mov?dl=0

I see. I thought you were talking about the “auto-restart” settings not being copied when an auto-restart happens.

Your issue is that the “auto-restart” settings not being copied when you use the “Duplicate” Option in the Launch Control window.

For some reason, that I cannot recall at the moment, we decided to not copy the auto-restart settings when duplicating a listing (unless its during auto-relist). Obviously that doesn’t make much sense in your scenario. We have discuss internally, why we made this decision and if we should change it.

1 Like

Thank you Ilja, it would be useful!!

@ilja While on the topic of re-listing, if there’s ever a way to have it noted on a completed listing that is WAS restarted, that would be helpful. Maybe if instead of solid gray or green it could be solid with a white border, or maybe an “R” bubble on the right, just something so it is apparent at a glance that it was successfully re-started. With so many listings restarting and getting moved around to different folders as completely separate listings it would be good to see at a glance that something successfully restarted so you don’t have to wonder.

Just a thought. Thanks!

I have another little advice: why don’t you move the auto-relisting option from advance settings to first page of inspector? I think it would be easier and much more convenient… but it is nothing essential, just a little note…

Oh dear… @ilja :pray: please HELP!! I sold an item (“ignore inventory quantity” is NOT selected) but it is still on sale… !!!

I started the listing, it sold, then the solid green went to trash (but it was sold, not solid grey and so it should not go to trash), GS restarted it immediately… :sob:

I’m pretty we tested especially this scenario before sending out the 2016_08-23 version.

Was this a fixed price listing or a regular auction?

Fixed price, sold another item, relisted again and solid green moved to trash… I turned off the option…

Sorry, there was indeed another bug lurking in our code. It should be fixed by this version:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2016-08-25.zip

I will try it! Thank you for fast release…

@ilja I found this warning

I suppose it is normal, but for sure I prefer report it (it says that listing was not restarted because inventory quantity was not enough)

For the record, none of my sold items re-listed last night. I am dancing with glee. :grin:

Now it seems to work also for me!

This morning I visited my shop and because of I did not feel safe… what I find?? All sold items relisted, I closed them from eBay, and again were there after some minutes…

Do you use the autorelist feature in GargeSale? Like I told you some months ago? Maybe GS relists your items?

@paul the problem is related to a bug as @ilja said

anyway I found out what the problem was: GS opens automatically when I switch on my computer and so it opened the older version with the bug, which relisted those items that went sold (and should not relist!).