URL Error for Store Pages in GS7

While seeing if I could help out on the ‘Still Stuck with Wrong Named Store’ topic on here, I came across a URL coding error in GS7.

When our pages are created for eBay, the links to our store placed automatically by GS7 at the top and bottom of our listings, is going to an error page on eBay, instead of to the actual store page. That is true of our listings, and others with GS that we checked out.

The what I believe is an automatically coded hyperlink is pointing to https://pages.ebay.com/thenumismaticshop when it should be point to The Numismatic Shop | eBay Stores

I think this would be a simple fix to implement in the next update to GS7.

33%20PM

I agree, I have the same problem with my store name, Visit My Store and category links all going to that “Something went wrong” page. Please fix.

The latest beta version contains a workaround for this issue:

THAT WAS QUICK!

Thanks.

Downloaded and installed the new beta version 7.0.16b2.dmg and the links still don’t work. Store name and Visit My Store still go to Error Page. And I have given up on trying to make my categories work. What do you mean “adds workaround”?

Also suddenly my preview mode for adding a new listing doesn’t work, even after the item is listed.

Can you please give this a try?:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token. Please also click on “Update Account Details” there.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Does the Preview work again now?

Regards, Kristian

It works and always has for previous listings, but still doesn’t work for the new listing I recently added. And of course the other links to My Store still go to an error page. Also when I go to eBay to check if my listings are mobile friendly it says my photos are too large. My photos are the same size they have always been until started using Garage Sale. What do I need to change in GS and how if my listings aren’t mobile friendly? I appreciate you trying to help.

Could you post or send me a link to one of your listings in question? (a listing sarted with GarageSale 7.0.16b)

Regards, Kristian

This is the listing that preview mode shows a blank page. eBay item number:183397663209
Also can you see if my listing is mobile friendly, as eBay says they are not.
Jim

Hi Jim,

I checked your listing. You started the listing with GarageSale 7.0.15. If you revise the listing with GarageSale 7.0.16b2 your store link should work again.

Also, your listing is mobile-friendly. My guess is that the eBay checker tool doesn’t “see” the code that handles the “mobile friendliness” for images and incorrectly throws out an error message.

That’s a completely different issue, isn’t it? The first thing you should try is:

1. Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
  2. If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Regards, Kristian

Did as you said and revised the listing with GarageSale 7.0.16b2 by selecting the Revise Listing in drop down menu, preview mode still shows a blank page.
Also I have done the following NUMEROUS times and it does nothing to help any of my problems.
Open the GarageSale preferences > Accounts. Click on “Refresh Token” to refresh your eBay access token.
If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.
I downloaded GarageSale 7.0.16b2 hoping it would solve my problems, but it doesn’t. I have given up trying to post and use my own eBay Store categories as the links never work, and given up trying to use the Visit My Store as that link doesn’t work and the link from my store name also doesn’t work but only goes to the Error Page talked about earlier.
What happens if I scrap GS and start all over? Will I lose everything?
Jim

If your Preview stays blank it has nothing to do with your store links. If the Preview stays blank there must be something wrong with your item description, your listing design or the category data.
What happens if you create a new listing from scratch? Does it show the Preview?

Regards, Kristian

I just created a new listing from scratch and the preview mode worked. I know that this has nothing to do with my store name link, visit my store link or my eBay store links, but it would be nice if they worked.
Jim

What’s the link to your store page? What’s GarageSale inserting into your listing instead?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.