User properties design suggestion

A nice addition to the user properties pane. A copy settings and a paste settings similar to the one in shipping and item specifics. I spend so much time changing the design width, fonts, font size, colors, Bold title, captions, frame, … ect. I would like these to always be the same from listing to listing but they seem to reset to the original design properties or they are slowing change over time or possible a change creeps in when changing to a new design and then I have to again go through the whole list to again switch them back to the properties that I like to use. I tried using the copy all settings from this listing feature but that only is for new listings and I 99.9% of the time copy an existing listing.Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.49.23 PM
#2 It also would be nice if the weight didn’t disappear when flat shipping is chosen. I still need to enter the weight for international shipping.Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.15.36 PM Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.15.24 PM

Have you tried the “Copy Listings Components” and “Paste Listing Components” command to copy the User and Design settings from one listing to another?

What eBay site are you listing on?

Ebay US is the site I am posting on. It disappears on the GS platform but it uploads to Ebay.

Where is that found? All I see ie the reset design properties button,Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.06.11 PM

Right click a listing in the in the right-hand outline view:

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 22.12.33

Ahhhh. Much better. Thanks!

Hard to discover, though, if you are used to copy/paste commands in the individual settings popovers. I’ll create a ticket to add controls for these commands right in the design settings pane.

1 Like

Adding controls for those commands right in the design settings pane would be more “intuitive” and easier to navigate in a few easy to find steps. I couldn’t figure out how anyone would take all the set up time to make the design changes every time they wanted to use the pro designs. The few changes I made every time to the simple designs were bothersome enough let alone make all the font, color, shipping, and other numerous changes available made them unusable to me. Doing them in a few drop downs and clicks is great. In 1/2 hour, I just converted 7,000 listings to pro designs! I get a very professional look now. :+1:.

I did get this note on 1 folder of 256 listings and have no idea how to find the offending listing. I only list on eBay US.Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.16.03 AM

I found the offending listing. It is invisible and won’t let me delete it. It seems to be a sample stuck in the file.

Here is possible way to might add the offending listing back to the hierarchy, so you can move it to the trash and delete it from there.

Start GarageSale with the Control key on your keyboard pressed down and selected the topmost checkbox:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 22.41.24

If that doesn’t work, just change the site to eBay US for that listing, so the component pasting operation goes through.

Since I very recently had (again) to face ghost listing, at least for me, the only debug option that works is “remove ghost children from groups”, the first one did nothing with me.
I “might” have an idea about their origin. Somehow, some listings seem to be fixed when you try to move them and moving create a corrupted copy, which is double but actually isn’t, since when you delete it, also the first “fixed” one delete. Then, when you restart GS, a ghost appear. That’s all I could understand until now about this issue…

I tried the find orphaned listings. It is still there. I moved/dragged it into the trash folder. Hit delete and its gone. It actually crashed GS when I tried to export it.

Did you do “remove ghost children from groups”?

I think most of the ghosting problems is related to the syncing features. I don’t have syncing enabled. It was a sample listing that couldn’t be edited or deleted by the delete function. Luckily drag to the trash file was the solution

How about an entry field to enter the weight and see what the weight is entered at without having to click the shipping options and go to international to see the weight? an entry box right under the “shipping options” so I can see at a glance the weight and have it be an entry field so I can make changes fast, (similar to the price field)?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.