Using External Editor with Photoshop

I started using GarageSale a few months ago and really like it.

I do have one issue that I’m not sure if it’s user error or a glitch/bug:

One of the first features I tried was the External Editor, since I use Photoshop regularly anyway. GarageSale/Photoshop didn’t save the change directly in GarageSale so it didn’t seem very convenient.

I used the built-in editor instead, which can be a bit clunky and the crop doesn’t always move and I often have to open and close the same photo several times before I can drag the cropping handles and have them move, or just forget it and crop then in eBay once the listing is live.

Today I tried revisiting using the External Editor since I’m now more familiar with GarageSale and thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong/incorrectly that was the original issue.
It still didn’t save to GarageSale and I can’t find any steps in the documentation for using an external editor.

Can you point me in the direction of the steps for saving it from Photoshop into GarageSale directly?

I saw in the forum around March 19th someone else was encountering this issue. I’m also using version CS6 and also on a Mac running High Sierra. Photoshop doesn’t update old versions of PS, so it doesn’t make sense that it would be caused by an update with it. But again, I’m not sure if I’m even using the correct steps to save it for GS…

Thanks for any help and insight!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I don’t have Photoshop to test, but since we discovered that the “Open in External Editor” command also has issues with Affinity Photos, we dug into the source code.

It turns out that our code didn’t detect how some apps (including probably Photoshop) modify your image file.

We updated the code and it works for Affinity Photo. Here is a version for you to test with PS:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2018-08-06.dmg

Great - thank you, @ilja - I will try it out. Appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.