Why you should implement an alternative to eBay's shipping profiles

Hi,

Although not being in Europe, I prefer listing on ebay.com, as this makes the listing visible not only on ebay.com but also on all ebay’s European sites, without having to pay extra fees for listing on multiple sites.
On the contrary, listing on ebay.de or ebay.fr does not give this worldwide exposure.

One big issue however is with shipping costs, as ebay.com is suggesting American postal services.

When listing on ebay.com, “Domestic” means “USA”.
So, in the “Domestic” section, I select “Economy shipping from outside US” or “Standard shipping from outside US”, and set the price that it would cost me shipping to the US.

Then, I edit the “International” section,where I enter what it would cost shipping to Europe, or to Worldwide.
For the slow shipping, I use the “Other intl shipping” service and for priority shipping, I use the “Standard intl shipping” service.

That’s fine, but only if you have very few things for sale.

Then, I heard about shipping profiles, which are some kind of templates for shipping costs that you can apply to your listings.This is possible by applying to the business policy: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy

After activating the business policy, only services from American postal companies are available in the International section. This means only USPS and UPS services.
“Standard Intl shipping” and “Other intl shipping” are not available, so that I cannot select any service which would describe the shipping trough my country postal service.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the “business policy” page on Ebay’s European sites.
Is this also possible ?

As a possible alternative, I tried selecting all listings for a subnode in GarageSale’s central part, and to set the shipping options. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work ; only the first listing was updated with the new shipping options. Can you please correct this?

It would be great if there was some kind of “copy-paste brush” to apply the shipping options from one listing to other listings.

Given eBay’s limitations, I would also appreciate if it was possible to create GarageSale’s shipping profiles that are totally independant from eBay ones, and when they applied to an item would update the shipping options.

Thanks.

1 Like

Please see the manual here how to bulk edit multiple listings at once:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Listings_Section-Bulk_Editing.html

Did you already discover the “Copy / Paste Listing components” feature? Maybe this works for you, too.
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Listings_Section-Bulk_Editing.html
(on that page scroll down a bit)

Regards, Kristian

Of course you can. Click on top left corner avatar, then move the mouse (don’t clock) over “account” and choose “business profiles”. If you do not have a business account, I am not sure you can use them, you should find the link to that page also in ebay information pages. I only use profiles and in my opinion that’s the very best solution to manage shipping prices and change them with a few clicks and not “busy” GS with an enormous bulk editing. Moreover, as already suggested months ago, GS does not have the possibility to select profiles with the same profile, an option like that in smart folder would be very useful. Without this option, I guess you have to manually select each listing in order to change profiles, if you have hundreds of listings into a folder with dozens of different profiles.

Did you already discover the “Copy / Paste Listing components” feature? Maybe this works for you, too.
Bulk Editing 3
(on that page scroll down a bit)

Thank you Kristian. I was unaware of this feature and it worked like a charm.
I had read the full manual before starting using GarageSale, but obviously I forgot some useful features.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the “business policy” page on Ebay’s European sites.
Is this also possible ?

Of course you can. Click on top left corner avatar, then move the mouse (don’t clock) over “account” and choose “business profiles”.

Thank you fedege96. I works but I have to click on the link under the avatar. Not on the avatar itself.

If you do not have a business account, I am not sure you can use them, (…)

It works for me.

I only use profiles and in my opinion that’s the very best solution to manage shipping prices and change them with a few clicks and not “busy” GS with an enormous bulk editing.

I totally agree, this is the way to go.

Moreover, as already suggested months ago, GS does not have the possibility to select profiles with the same profile, (…)

I’m not sure to understand what you mean. Can you please explain further ?
Do you mean applying the same profile at the same time to several listings?

Welcome @Leon !

Sorry my English is sometime (many times!) a bit free style… I meant, it would be a super option if the “profile selected” option would be added in the smartfolders (@ilja wouldn’t it be?) so we might create folder to select all listings which are using the same profile, something like:

listing - use/don’t use - profile
profile - is/is not - NAME of our profile

That would give us the possibility to select and bulk edit all listings with the same profile. Without this option, we have to catch listings one by one and change manually the shipping profile.

Was this explanation better :grinning: ?

Thanks. I better understand now, although not using the smartfolders yet (but only regular folders).
I still have some difficulty fully understanding the example in the central paragraph, but I understand the general principle and you idea looks nice.

Welcome! The example in the middle will be clear to you when you will start using the smart folder solution, it is very useful! You can set different options in order to filter specificate listings.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.