XML Parse Error

While trying to start a listing, I encountered this error:

I ran through my code with a text search, and there are no
or
tags in the code. So I’m not sure what’s going on.

That’s a strange error as far as I can tell.
Do you maybe use custom code in the captions, GarageSale footer, item specifics or Properties Inspector?

Regards, Kristian

I rarely ever use captions, but I did go back and check all four of those items, and none of them have any coding shown.

It’s especially strange, because I listed a nearly identical auction (identical coding but different text) before this one, and that first one had no issues.

If you didn’t make any changes in your listing maybe it’s just a (temporary) issue with the eBay system.

Feel free to export and send me the listing in question so I can have a look at it. However, please also test whether it makes a difference if you select another image service in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images.
Please make sure that you have GarageSale 7.0.15 installed.

Regards, Kristian

Yes, 7.0.15 is the version installed. I tried switching the images from my own server to Garagesale’s–no difference.

Here’s the export file:
XML Error - Listing Export.gslisting.zip (6.7 MB)

Thanks for posting the listing. I was able to reproduce the eBay error here.
It seems to have to do with the variations. If you remove them the error disappears. I am afraid that something got mixed up with them and you need to try to re-do them.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Okay. Yeah, I had to create new inventory “pages” for each item to get it to upload.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.