Automatic Cancellation not working (for me) again

All my BIN listings are set for 6 hours auto-cancel but over the last three days they are all failing.

I have tried:

1. Changing the auto cancel time
  2. Restarted GC
  3. Updated to the latest GS version
  4. Rebooted the PC

Nothing is working.

It seems that the activity viewer is stuck.
Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 5.05.59 pm

The top (only) line does not change and I can see that there is another line flashing on and off very quickly and it also appears to say exactly the same as the top line.

A couple of functions that would be useful spring to mind.

1. More info in the Activity Viewer - I believe this is in hand.
  2. The knowledge & ability to stop and restart some of these precesses when they go awry.

I also tried updating the listings in GS but that did not work so I manually stopped them in GS.

I was hoping the next group would then auto-cancel, but that was not the case.

Spindump attached

Spindump.txt (3.1 MB)

Is this a large group? I had 40 in 2 batches end and relist in the last 12 hours with no issues. I am running 9.2.1

Mine are all large groups. It has not worked for a few days now.

Mine are small batches and staggered throughout the day and its nice if they go overnight so I’m not trying to work on GS. A feature addition of scheduling during certain times or during overnight hours would be nice.

A couple of things. Can’t you use the scheduler for that? Maybe I am not understanding.

Secondly, am wondering if there is a server problem because I am listing big batches as ‘re-lists’ and I am seeing lots failing with time outs to the server and listing is very, very slow.
David

The Scheduler works only for starts not ending and relisting

Even connection to the GS help forum is slow.

Pretty sure it’s not my machine. My internet speed is normal. Might be an internet issue elsewhere?

Ah. I see what you mean. Yes. That would be a good idea - as long as you can be sure the items have been stopped.

Hi GS Team

Can’t help but notice that MY post is the only one you have not responded to (Again) out of the last 15 posts. In the meantime, I am still having to stop all my listings manually and it is real chore.

Do you have a solution to the posted issue?

david

I am just guessing here but could this somehow have to do with your eBay access token being out-dated?
Did you already refresh it successfully?

Also, what exactly does the first line in your Activity Viewer say?:

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 5.05.59 pm

You can make that window a little bit wider so you can actually read what it says.

Still no luck Kristian. Isn’t there something in the spindump that can help?

Or maybe a process on your server?

Really need a solution to this as it is very time consuming.

David
Before refresh.

After refresh.

There is no cancel date. I thought GS fixed this a month or so ago. Are you on 9.2.1? This was an issue back on 9.1 for me and GS fixed it. The fix was under Auto Cancellation shows waiting for start on running listings in Dec 22. When GS ended and relisted, the new listings didn’t assign a date and it failed to end and restart the next time.

Oh. Well spotted Richard.

I never even noticed that and I must have looked at it a thousand times.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 8.35.27 pm

You are on 9.2.1. Mine would not assign a restart date until the newer than Dec 22 version.
The fix is to click off and click back on and a date is assigned.

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.09.59 AM
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.10.24 AM
There is an issue. One of mine from 2 hours ago has the date and one from 2 hours ago doesn’t! Now GS will know where to start since they fixed it in Dec 22

This also never changes. Prepared, listed or sold. It always says “eBay USA Not listed yet”
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.14.49 AM

I have tried turning it off then turning it on many times. Have tried tried heaps of things but the date does not appear.
Are you saying that there is a later version than mine?
David

No, I didn’t see your screen shot above when I first commented. I just clicked off and back on and the date appeared on my example above. In Dec 22, It took weeks for the fix. Kristan said it takes time to get fixes when it involves the end/ relist to let GS run through cycles

Thanks Richard. Was Kristian suggesting that I will need to switch off and then back on for every item?

That was my work around. If you go back and read the Auto Cancellation shows waiting for start on running listings in Dec 22 you will get the whole conversation.

[]
(/u/ilja)

ilja

Dec '22

So just to make sure I got the scenario for this bug right:

• you have a listing with both auto-cancelation and auto-restart active
  • auto-cancelation cancels the listings
  • auto-restarts restarts a new listing
  • the new listing has the auto-cancel checkbox enabled, but the auto-cancel date is not shown, and no auto-cancelation is performed

Correct?

(These are the most pesky bugs, because it’s so time-consuming to reproduce them.)