Automatic Cancellation not working (for me) again

Even connection to the GS help forum is slow.

Pretty sure it’s not my machine. My internet speed is normal. Might be an internet issue elsewhere?

Ah. I see what you mean. Yes. That would be a good idea - as long as you can be sure the items have been stopped.

Hi GS Team

Can’t help but notice that MY post is the only one you have not responded to (Again) out of the last 15 posts. In the meantime, I am still having to stop all my listings manually and it is real chore.

Do you have a solution to the posted issue?

david

I am just guessing here but could this somehow have to do with your eBay access token being out-dated?
Did you already refresh it successfully?

Also, what exactly does the first line in your Activity Viewer say?:

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 5.05.59 pm

You can make that window a little bit wider so you can actually read what it says.

Still no luck Kristian. Isn’t there something in the spindump that can help?

Or maybe a process on your server?

Really need a solution to this as it is very time consuming.

David
Before refresh.

After refresh.

There is no cancel date. I thought GS fixed this a month or so ago. Are you on 9.2.1? This was an issue back on 9.1 for me and GS fixed it. The fix was under Auto Cancellation shows waiting for start on running listings in Dec 22. When GS ended and relisted, the new listings didn’t assign a date and it failed to end and restart the next time.

Oh. Well spotted Richard.

I never even noticed that and I must have looked at it a thousand times.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 8.35.27 pm

You are on 9.2.1. Mine would not assign a restart date until the newer than Dec 22 version.
The fix is to click off and click back on and a date is assigned.

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.09.59 AM
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.10.24 AM
There is an issue. One of mine from 2 hours ago has the date and one from 2 hours ago doesn’t! Now GS will know where to start since they fixed it in Dec 22

This also never changes. Prepared, listed or sold. It always says “eBay USA Not listed yet”
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.14.49 AM

I have tried turning it off then turning it on many times. Have tried tried heaps of things but the date does not appear.
Are you saying that there is a later version than mine?
David

No, I didn’t see your screen shot above when I first commented. I just clicked off and back on and the date appeared on my example above. In Dec 22, It took weeks for the fix. Kristan said it takes time to get fixes when it involves the end/ relist to let GS run through cycles

Thanks Richard. Was Kristian suggesting that I will need to switch off and then back on for every item?

That was my work around. If you go back and read the Auto Cancellation shows waiting for start on running listings in Dec 22 you will get the whole conversation.

[]
(/u/ilja)

ilja

Dec '22

So just to make sure I got the scenario for this bug right:

• you have a listing with both auto-cancelation and auto-restart active
  • auto-cancelation cancels the listings
  • auto-restarts restarts a new listing
  • the new listing has the auto-cancel checkbox enabled, but the auto-cancel date is not shown, and no auto-cancelation is performed

Correct?

(These are the most pesky bugs, because it’s so time-consuming to reproduce them.)

Hi everyone. I think I may have jagged it.

1. I am not using auto-restart because of the issues I have been having.

2. I use auto-cancel on all my BIN issues.

3. I tried to uncheck ‘Auto Cancellation’ ten re-check it. This failed to insert an ‘auto cancel date’.

4. Following Richard’s advice, I
    Unchecked ‘Auto Cancellation’
    Checked ‘Auto Restart’
    Unchecked ‘Auto Restart’
    Checked ‘Auto Cancellation’
    And the auto cancel date appeared for this item AND EVERY SUBSEQUENT ITEM, regardless of whether 'Auto Restart was checked or not.

Looks like the issue may be with ‘Automatic Restart’

David

My last statement was 99% correct. I found one exception though.

If I convert an AUC type to BIN type the cancel time does not change to the correct date. However, after I have listed the item, the correct date miraculously appears. That is probably how it is meant to work, I guess.

Watch for the second generation of the listings. That is where the glitch came back in to play before the last fix. GS may not assign a cancel date after cancel and restart is done.

And just when I was starting to relax…

I just discovered the tag feature. Tag some that are coming up for cancel and restart and make a smart group to check on a few to be sure they are being assigned a new cancel date

Just for giggles, Check your preferences to make sure the auto cancel feature isn’t set to never.