Disappearing listings

I have just made a specific check of all active listings in my eBay shop, at this moment there are 56 active listings which actually does not exist in GS, there are no correspondence at all, like they were never created, never existed. It’s an atroce problem because how many listing have already expired and then will disappear forever from eBay?? This 56 listings will expire shortly and then… ?? Obviously they won’t be relisted and I will loose them… I would need to check thousands items in my archive to exactly know how many goods I have in my (real) shop which actually are missing in my (eBay) one. @paul please do something asap, my number of listing is decreasing and now I know where they are going … somewhere hidden in GS, just disappear and so don’t relist :scream:

1 Like

YES! I sympathize with your pain but I am so glad to have backup on this now!

I had thousands of items that have been just taking up room when I thought they were for sale. I re-created them and at least 100 have disappeared again.

I tried to re-import those listings from “My eBay”, but the result is 56 listings whose image are not changeable (like they are fixed images, if I delete them I am not able to replace new image), so I cannot modify them and I will need to relist from zero, but it’s extremely time and patience consuming. What a mess…

1 Like

I have a news. Some days ago I manually ended a listing because I sold the item not in ebay. Then I discovered that listing was still active in my shop while I did not have the correspondence in GS. So, this morning I stopped the listing from ebay site since I didn’t have it in my GS. After some times GS crashed, this is the report:

As soon as GS reopened I found this warning:

Now I have again the listing active in my shop and it is reappeared also in my GS. What to say?? I ended it again from GS and now I hope it won’t happen again. In the meanwhile, the previously told 56 active listings without any correspondence are expired and disappeared forever. Are we all crazy or this is a concrete problem??? The silence from the team is worrying me…

Indeed, @fedege96, I am also concerned that I can no longer trust this software, and may end up discontinuing using it if there is not a serious attempt to fix this issue immediately.

@paul, has the GS team been discussing this issue over the past few days? Is there more information you need from us to move forward with a fix it?

We added a special repair mode in the just released GarageSale 7.0.8 Beta 3:

It works like this:

• Hold down the control key on your keyboard when starting GarageSale
  • check the “Find Orphaned listings” checkbox
  • Click “Continue”

GarageSale will now check all your listings if they are part of the current group hierarchy. You won’t see the main window while this process is going on, but you can look at the Console.app window from output from GarageSale. We will log a status message every 1000 listings checked. If orphaned listings are found, those are put insert at the end of your current hierarchy.

This process takes about 5 minutes for 60,000 listings on a MacBook Pro with 16 GB Ram and an SDD. Depending your Mac’s speed and library size, your milage will vary.

1 Like

@ilja :raised_hands:

That’s the result… the first time I opened only 2 orphaned listing were found, but they have nothing inside, are completely empty, no photo, no design, nothing except title. Actually there are at least 56 lost listings… @ilja please say something, is there any way I/we can help you???

If your lost listings weren’t found by the “orphaned listings” repair function, they are not in the database.

But it’s highly unlikely that GarageSale deleted those by itself, because the only code-path that calls delete on entries in the database is the “Empty Trash” command.

My guess is that the listings were never actually written into the database because of an unknown error (bug in the database, problem with the file system, disk way temporarily full), and GarageSale did not report the error.

Can you recall if you listed the items immediately after creating them, or was there some time between creating and listing the missing items?

It’s extremely difficult to remember the precise situation when I created them since it is at least 4 months ago that these 56 (now missing) are running in my shop. It means that these listings must have been relisted at least 3 times, so it means that they disappeared in my database in the last month. So I would say it is impossible to say the exact situation when they were created since they were automatically relisted by GS (when/how… this is not possible to know). If there is something I am totally sure, it is that since January I am not listing new items from zero (except some, but they are not affected) and the running listings are the same as before. Surely the bug must come from some problem in the auto-relisting (I repeat, I am not creating listing since last year for many reasons, so the items were auto-relisted and have been at least for 3-4 times each one). When I created them (so in 2016), I have no doubt, I listed them as soon as after creating (I use one “model”, so I fill title, photos and description and list it immediately, it doubles, the active goes in the correct output folder and I am ready to modify the remaining inactive listing to go on). Is it useful in some way??? I spent more time in looking for bugs then working, and it is a serious problem :pensive:

I can surely say that this is not the case as many of my missing items were never listed at all but waiting for more items to be added

So do you mean that your orphaned were still inactive??

Yes. There doesn’t seem to be any difference between active or not.

1 Like

My Lost and Found got 30 listings, only 6 of which were previously listed

Ah I did not understand it!! It is new for me since I only have active and I though it was related to relisting which usually crashes or does strange thing. Very strange… @ilja can the remote debugging help??

But are these empty as mine or are at least your full of data???

Not empty. But… Wow! completely bizarre! I was looking at the list then suddenly one turned blank! It happened right after I emptied my Deleted Items

1 Like

Lorem ipsum is back :joy:

I just emptied my trash and it deleted something that was not in trash. See above

Curious question, Federico… Do you use one of your listings as the template for another?