Disorder in "the right preview" of listings / Duplication with Applescript

Hello,

I tried in the preview on the right to sort my listings by price and by title but after that this is now impossible to have a preview I had before (by default).

I just want a preview in the exact order I have in my left comlumn from top to bottom (like before I tried things).

How is it possible to fix that issue ? Thank you for your help.

pictures: in blue the left column / the other picture shows the preview on the right

And when I’m launching the listings they are again in the good order: so the only thing which doesn’t work normally is that preview on the right

The “Reset Overview Sort Order” command in the latest beta should do exactly what you want:

Thank you so much ! You are a genius :))

I have two questions but I don’t know if it’s here the right place to ask them to you so do not hesitate to tell me where I can do it if it’s not the right place.

1. Is it possible to get from garagesale a listing with complete title, price and main picture of selected listings ? I get my trouble with preview by trying to get that on garagesale.

It would be useful to have this sort of listing in case of deposit sale to show to the consignor what we did with its consignation.

1. Have you thought about including a dragging option to create instantly 100’s of listings all numbered ? Users will have just to create one template listing and then to use this option without writting every time a number in each duplicated template listing.

This doesn’t answer your questions but it might be good to know anyways:

When holding down the control key when invoking the “Duplicate” command, you can create an arbitrary number of duplicated listings.

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,

yes I read that it was possible, thanks.

To get instantly numbered listings would be so great and probably not so difficult to create for the programmers of garagesale. We might have an " inputbox " : how many listing do you want to create ? / What is the starting number. / Which listing do you want to duplicate
ex: 500 listings / starting from number 20500 / duplicate listing 20499=> so you will have listing #20500 / #20501 / … #20999 (#number at the beginning of the title) like listing 20499.
Off course listing 20499 has to be a “listing template”: without picture and with a blanck title (or only #20499) to have with this feature 500 ready to complete listings based on the “lisiting template” #20499

Ilja what do you think about this ?

Best regards,

Gabriel

I don’t understand the question. Are you asking for a way to export the preview to file?

You can use AppleScript for this. This example AppleScript would create 11 listings, from “MyListing 100 to MyListing 110”.

tell application "GarageSale"
 	set baseName to "MyListing Number "
 	repeat with counter from 100 to 110
 		set theListing to make ebay listing
    	set title of theListing to baseName & counter
    end repeat
end tell

To use AppleScript seems to be a good solution to win time. I found the applescript tutorial in my garagesale app. If I need some help I will ask it in a new post.

About my question: yes I’m asking for a way to export the preview to file instead of doing screenshots.

I’m sorry but I didn’t succeed to add a description in:

tell application “GarageSale”
end repeat
end tell

I tried this:

set baseDescription to "Mydescription "
set description to baseDescription
end repeat
end tell

If you are not within a tell theListing-block, the line needs to look like this:

set description of theListing to baseDescription
1 Like

Thank you I understood the logic.

And how is it possible to select an already created listing and to dupplicate it through the Applescript you gave me?

end repeat
end tell

After that help I will have all my answers to start using Applescript for my business. Did you saw “About my question: yes I’m asking for a way to export the preview to file instead of doing screenshots.” ?

Many Many thanks to you !

That would be the duplicate listing command. You can browse the available commands using the Script Editor’s “Open Dictionary” command:

I find the dictionnary ! Is it possible to have a basic example to use this “duplicate listing” command ?

Duplicate listing works a little different:

set thelisting to first item of (get selected ebay listings)
    tell thelisting
	    set newListing to duplicate listing
	    set title of newListing to "Duplicated Listing"
    end tell
end tell

And how to combine these 2 scripts in a same script ?

end repeat
end tell

I tried this:

tell thelisting
set title of newListing to “Title” & counter
end repeat
end tell
end tell

But the listings created are in the “wrong order”

If you don’t want to duplicate the initial listing over and over again, you should update theListing with the result from the previous duplicate command, like this:

tell thelisting
	     end tell
	     set title of newListing to "Title" & counter
	     set thelisting to newListing
     end repeat
end tell
1 Like

That works perfectly !

I saw the following script, how is possible to use it with the script you just gave me ?

For example, I have 11 pictures in a file on my computer and I want to add to the 11 created listings 1 different picture for each listing

Sorry, coming up with answer to your last question is beyond the free support we are offering for GarageSale.

May I suggest that you look into hiring someone who is experienced at AppleScript?

I send you a private message. Thank you for your help !

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.