Feature Request + Bug: Preview of Gallery image doesn't work

Hi *,

In Garagesale 6 there were many nice optical features (clear and different colours for different states of articles (sold, active, etc.). Now the differences are only shown in small borders around small ebay icon. I also suggest (as other customers) to get better colours for the different states.
There was also a very helpful possibility to see unfinished articles which were tagged by a “red exclamation mark” in the list of articles. Is there a possibility to get a red border around the ebay icon to see such unfinished articles (almost because there is no picture added or other unfinished stuff) ?

Bug-Report:

In the normal preview mode in Garagesale 6 there was the possibility to press spacebar when the mousepointer was “over” Gallery Image which opened a popup window showing the Image in larger size. This is now not possible anymore. Trying to choose the menu option “show picture” tells me that the Image is not selected. This “command” only works in Edit Mode where one of the Images on the right side is selected.
Could you please (re-)enable this feature again in normal preview mode ?

Best Regards,

Andreas

I agree with all of the above. The colors are too much of light pastel and neon hues. Bright darker colors would be more helpful. The light blue and light gray outlines fade too much into the light blue sidebar.

I’d also like to see a separate shade of green for multi-quantity listings that have sold items, but remain with inventory still listed. I see the small gray suitcases at the right side of the listing title to show quantity sold, but a color variation would still be appreciated.

Another small little cosmetic change I’d love to see is some kind of visible separation between the customer created folders in the sidebar. Perhaps a slightly darker color bar around the whole line of the folder and its name. It would just be helpful when quickly scrolling up and down for those of us with many, many listings to navigate within dozens of folders.

Additional remark regarding the old red exclamation mark:

In Garagesale 6 after bulk verification of articles all articles which contained problems were marked with that red exklamation mark in the article list so after closing the verification dialog window I could easily work on those entries in the list which were marked.
Now in Garagesale 7 I see the verification result only in the bulk verification window and I have to manually search for the articles which caused problems in the bulk window and find the corresponding entries in my article list. Without any additional hint (colour, etc.) it’s very hard to identify problematic articles which need to be fixed.

Agreed. That was a very helpful feature.

There is actually a variation in color for such listings. If the listing has some items sold and there is still quantity available, the “ebay” icon is not solid green but light green. If you see it as solid green and not light green, maybe it’s because of a bug that shows GTC listings still active as ended (solid grey) or sold (if there is quantity left). Select that listing and press the update button in top bar. Isn’t it now light green instead of solid? At least, it did the trick for me. Anyway, yes there is not a evident difference between solid and light green…

I remember I had the same thought when I started to use the beta of GS 7. I was really missing it at all. Now I am use to click on the bottom right corner icon of top gallery to see images in larger size… and that’s not very convenient in my opinion too. Another solution (better I think) would be clicking on the gallery image (on whole the image I mean) to enlarge. A little icon on one corner is not the best choice…

@ Garagesale Team: Please Reenable showing large Image of Gallary Image by just clicking on the Gallary Image

Another maybe Bug:

To do a Testmigration from version 6 to 7 I used my already existing virtual Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) before I migrate my “real” system running latest High Sierra 10.13.1 and I found some differences below Gallary Image:

On my El Capitan system I see small icons of all pictures below the Gallary Image:

On my “real” High Sierra system I can’t see the small image icons:

Can anybody confirm this behaviour ?

Another Bug related to this Images stuff:

If I click on the numbers on the right bottom corner of the Gallary Image I’m “redirected” to some internal image browser where I can scroll through the pictures and change the order of the pictures.

I have two problems:

1.) I can only swap two pictures but not simply “move” one picture “between” two others (same problem when I’m trying to move pictures in normal preview mode using “miniature zoom effect”). It’s very hard if I’m using up to 20 images and want to move the last picture on first position but want to keep the rest of the order :slight_smile: I have to play swapping all the time until I have the right order

2.) If I move an Image in the internal “image browser” the browser is closed right after I release the mouse to drop the picture to the new position:

Yes it’s true! I told about it a while ago but never changed… if you put the last image over the first, it becomes first, but the first becomes the last and not the second one… and that’s not very useful (not useful at all)

Instead of doing that, you can also drag and drop photos directly in description.

Yes, I can drag and drop photos directly in description but I use the minimal zoom effect which means that there is a big “distance” between first and last photo. To change the order I have to do a lot of swapping by moving the photos which is much work. Example:

In Preview the EPS thumbnails only appear, if you have EPS selected in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images!

Regards, Kristian

Did you already discover that you can change image order in Editor mode, too? That might work a bit faster for you.
You can see it in the tutorial here (video #4):

These are the problems here if we make the whole image a clickable link:

1. Drag & drop does no longer work.
  2. Double-clicking on the image does no longer work.

That’s why it’s currently the better solution to have a separate button for the image overview feature.
We’ll see if there’re workarounds though.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

ok, verified :slight_smile: Thanks for info… On my Testsystem I did not activate all necessary options. I did’t want to stress my SSD in my MacBook while testing the GS6->GS7 migration (40 GB data on GS6) so I migrated all stuff on the virtual system running on a server with ISCSI NAS attached… I then finally copied migrated and verified GS7 data to my real system.

BR,

Andreas

Yes… but normally I work directly in preview mode… It would be nice if the possibility to just move pictures without swapping as it is possible in the editor mode is also possible in this new picture browser which opens after clicking on the picture counter below Gallery picture. But as you maybe already read the picture browser has some bug (closing the browser after moving one picture).

BR,

Andreas

What about some small magnifier icon simular to the “miniature zoom effect” which acts like the zoom effect or is clickable ?

BR,

Andreas

So instead of the image count button you’d prefer a button with a magnifying glass icon that opens the image overview mode, did I get this correctly?

I would like this behaviour

also for the gallery picture. Either place the lense also into the left upper corner of the gallery picture or between the picture and the orange gallery icon or right of the gallery symbol :slight_smile: the image counter button can survive :slight_smile:

@GS-Team:

Please (Re-)Enable this nice tagging of articles which failed during (group-)verification:

OK but why do you think that’s better than simply clicking on the image count icon?