Garage Sale does not update categories anymore

Hello, maybe someone can help me. I have not found any information on the internet. I use Garage Sale on ebay Germany (private sales, no shop). Ebay has changed some categories recently, but Garage Sale does not update the ebay categories anymore. It always tells me “data available for download”, but it does not update the categories and still shows me the old ones if I want to create a new auction. Is there a solution for the problem? I have just updated my Garage Sale token, but that does not help.
Thank you very much!

Hi,

I guess you are using the old GS 6.x version?

Can you have another try now? I have rebuild the categories GaraegSale downloads so they should be exactly the same as on eBay.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
thank you very much for your reply. I’m sorry, but it still doesn’t work. I made a screenshot, but don’t know how to attach it to this message. Garage Sale shows as “version of category-data”: 111 and as “version of items”: 9573 and 10970 (line 2 and 3). It would update the “charity categories”, but still does not update the normal categories.

My Garage Sale Version is 5.5. I know it’s rather old, but it’s a very good tool for creating the auctions and I’m perfectly happy with it. Since I never use any other options than creating the auctions I never updated it anymore and when I try to update it now I think I would have to pay extra, but I’m happy with this old version.

It would still be nice to be able to use the correct caterogies.

Thank you for your assistance and kind regards, Christine

Hi Juni,

GarageSale 5.5 is more than out-dated and no longer supported. (Remember that GarageSale 6 has been released in 2010(!))
It’s highly recommended that you upgrade to GarageSale 6 or better to the upcoming GarageSale 7! These versions support the latest eBay category data.

GarageSale 7 requires Mac OS X 10.10 or 10.11. During the beta phase the upgrade license is available for only 16.99.

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,
thank you for your advice. The old version was always ok for me, but I would update it for 16.99 (USD?). The price I found on the internet was USD 39.99. May I ask what a “beta-phase” or a “beta-license” is, please? Is this a full version and working “normally” and unlimited or is it limited to a certain time and I will have to pay more later?
Thank you and sorry for asking, but I don’t know all that much about computers.
Regards, Christine

Hi Juni,

USD 39.99 is the full price for a new license. If you already own a license you don’t need to pay the full price. Instead, an upgrade license is available for all owners of a previous GarageSale license. The upgrade license is not “limited” - you just need a license for an older version of GarageSale.

GarageSale 7 is currently in “beta” phase. That’s the phase where it’s not “final” because there still might be issues that need to be fixed. However, so, currently the upgrade license for GarageSale 7 is available for a discounted price.

The website for the new GS7 is not ready yet - for now please find all details in the link I inserted in my previous post.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
thank you so much for all your help! I will get an upgrade licence for my old Garage Sale.
Best regards
Christine/ Juni2016

Hello, I’m sorry, but I have to write again. I have updated my old Garage Sale yesterday and spent half the day today trying to figure how it works because it’s so different to the old one. There is no help available in the German language version, the manual and help-pages on the internet are only old ones.

I have managed to find out most, but I can not add or change shipping options. I always get an error message “does only calculate USA-options”. Can someone please explain to me how I can add my shipping options, please? In the pop-up “shipping options” I can select “letter” for example, but not add a price.

I need some help please! Thank you!

Hi Juni,

Thank you for your feedback.
The new help for GarageSale 7 is still in the works.

However, in the shipping options you might want to select the “Flat” shipping options instead. It seems you currently have “Calculated” shipping selected there which is only available on the eBay USA site.
If you don’t want to list on eBay USA you should change the eBay site in the “Advanced” Inspector.

Also, under the “Shiping Services” field you need to click on the “+” button to add a shipping service. You can insert the price there.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
thank you for your fast reply! In the “advanced options” I have selected “ebay Germany”, but in the shipping options field I don’t have the “Shipping Fees” selector. In the field “Fees” I can only select or not select “Gratis” (which means “free”), but not type in a fee.

I made two screenshots and try to attach them to this message. Hope it works.

Hi Juni,

thank you for sending the screenshots.
It’s odd that the field for the shipping fee is missing.
Could you export the listing in question (using the export command from the FILE menu), zip it and add it here or send it to me through the support system? (garagesale@iwascoding.com)

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
yes, I will do this. I’ll do it a little later as for the moment I have restored my old Garage Sale Version and I’m just preparing some auctions which I want to upload this evening (it’s 05:20 pm here already).
Best regards, Christine // Juni2016

Hi Kristian,
I just sent an email with the file.
Best regards, Christine

Hi Kristian,
I just sent an email with the file.
Best regards, Christine

Beta 47 should fix this problem. Please give it a try and let us know if the problem persists for you.

Hallo,

ebay hat wieder mal eine Kategorie umbenannt. Es gibt jetzt eine Hauptkategorie „Bastel- und Künstlerbedarf“. Dies spielt Garage Sale jedoch trotz mehrmaligem Aktualisierens der Kategoriedaten nicht ein.

Viele Grüße
Christine

Hi Christine,

please let us know which version of GarageSale you have installed. (Just select ‘About GarageSale’ from the ‘GarageSale’ menu in GarageSale.)

I just updated the category data in GarageSale 7 and can select the mentioned category without problems.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I wanted to send you some screenshots, but apparently your email programm doesn’t allow that …

Hmm, that’s why I see:

Please give the latest beta version of GarageSale 7.0.5 a try, refresh your eBay token and try to update the category data once again.

Regards, Kristian

No, sorry, doesn’t want to do it. I updated to 7.0.5 and refreshed my token, but still the category doesn’t show up.

Maybe it will at a later time, meanwhile I can upload the articles to a different category and change them online.

Thank you for trying and regards,
Christine