Garage sale hops around on bottom and not open

Same problem here: I am using V. 6.9.7 downloaded at iwascoding.com

Two days ago I createt more than 50 auctions. Today the app won’t open anymore. It hops around two times and stops. Moving all data to another Macbook doesn’t help at all - the problem still exists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian

Can you confirm that you are using the version from a website, but have originally purchased your license through the Mac App Store?

I downloaded it from here http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.de.html (german version)
I have a licence code
I am using GarageSales since V 5.2 - that might be for over 5 years until today.

I am having this exact problem too. Just started today as far as I know. I originally downloaded from your website.

WHAT IS GOING ON with this program now? It won’t load, just bounces - I truly don’t have time for this today!

This seems to a problem with a certificate from Apple that expired yesterday. This macworld article has the gist:

http://www.macworld.com/article/3004937/os-x/apple-flub-leaves-users-confused-over-damaged-apps.html

So, if you are running the Mac App Store version of GarageSale and are still having this issue, restarting should fixing it.

If you are running a copy of GarageSale downloaded from our website and unlocked using your serial number, you shouldn’t be affected by this problem at all.

However, if you originally purchased GarageSale from the Mac App Store, and switched to the website version of GarageSale, you are in trouble now. GarageSale can no longer validate the receipt file from your Mac App Store purchase as a stand-in for your license and will fail to load.

There are several ways to fix this, but none of them is easy. Please read through all approaches and decide wich one is the best for you. Make sure you have a recent backup of your Mac before attempting any of them.

Variant A: You already own a license for GarageSale 6

• quit GarageSale
  • delete the file “AppStore.rcpt” from Library/Application Support/GarageSale
  • restart GarageSale and enter your license

Variant B: You don’t have a license key for GS 6 yet, but your are willing to buy one because it’s the easiest way out:

• same as Variant A, but you need your credit card ready

Variant C: Switching back to the Mac App Store version

1. make sure you have a current backup of your Mac
  2. additionally place a copy of the folder Library/Application Support/GarageSale on your Desktop (that’s easier than retrieving it from your Time Machine backup)
  • locate your GarageSale application, delete it and empty the trash
  • in the Mac App Store, go to the “Purchased” tab and re-download GarageSale
  • start GarageSale, if you are lucky all your data is already there and you can stop reading here
  • if your data is not there, continue reading
  • quit GarageSale
  • open this folder in your home directory Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale
  1. now copy all the items from the copy of your original GarageSale folder (which you created in step 2 on the Desktop) into folder opened in step 8
  2. start GarageSale and verify your data is there
  3. There’s no step eleven! :wink:

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

GaragePay v1.7.5 from the iwascoding website has the same problem:

11/12/15 4:33:30.185 PM GaragePay[10635]: ApplePersistence=NO
11/12/15 4:33:30.225 PM GaragePay[10635]: CoreData: Failed to load optimized model at path '/Applications/GarageSale/GaragePay.app/Contents/Resources/GaragePay_DataModel.momd/GaragePay_DataModel12.omo’
11/12/15 4:33:30.553 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.iwascoding.GaragePay.51872[10635]) Service exited with abnormal code: 173

Neal

Also, there is no file “_MASReceipt” in Library/Application Support/GaragePay

Probably since I downloaded v1.7.5 from iwascoding website.

Neal

how much is the license

I am incredibly frustrated right now. I have 3000 auctions that were in my GS yesterday morning at 9 am. How do I access them. I purchased GS through the APP store…Did I ever get a license number? I don’t know. I have a complete back up of my mac from yesterday at 9. I tried downloading GS from purchases…it shows me as a new buyer and asks for a license number. Should i just wipe my computer clean and reload everything? Please walk me through the exact steps. I do not have the time to write up 3000 auctions again. This should be not this difficult.

How do you know if you switched to the website version? I do all my updates when the app is open.

i tried copying the file but it says there isn’t enough free space now what?

If you buy a license will this happen again? will i have a license number to use? I want to make sure i can get my data back in

Hi Neal,

the file should be called AppStore.rcpt. I corrected this in the post. And if it does not exist, you did and do not have the AppStore version.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi, I am having the problem here, but first i had to get my app store working!

So now that i have it working, i have now re-downloaded my garage sale app from the store.

The only thing i am unsure about is how to put the info back into the garage sale?

I copied all the fills before i deleted it from the libary, but what do i do now, or have i done it wrong?

Some help please?

I am not computer minded either which is helping

I am using Imac

No, users who purchased GarageSale from the App Store did not get a license code.

You are doing something wrong. The version from Mac App Store will never ask for a license code. You probably have several copies of the GarageSale application installed and are opening the wrong one.

I don’t think that’s a good idea.

I already gave exact instructions in this post: Garage sale hops around on bottom and not open - #31 by ilja

I agree that this is very complicated. If you feel overwhelmed, please go with variant B.

i wiped the computer and reinstalled everything from 11/11/15 before any of this happened and everything was working. I tried opening GS through finder applications and it is still bouncing and disappearing. If I do variant B will it import all of my old GS information from the application library? I have 3000 auctions written up. Thanks

Hello i have the same problem … today in buy a new licence again and nothing is working… it shows me all the time demo version !!! But i paid … an i need my data too

I send a mail to your account: between the serialnumber an the loginname and nothig happends…

Variant A and Variant B only delete an invalid license file from your system, so your data should be safe. Just move the “AppStore.rcpt” to the desktop and see what happens.

Hi Buddha-Pinneberg,

to enter your license select “Enter License…” from the “GarageSale” menu.

If not received already you can request your license at any time in the “Lost Licenses” section here:
http://www.iwascoding.com/Contact/index.php

Regards, Kristian