GarageSale 7 Beta 19 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 19 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b19.zip

We’d appreciate your early feedback, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please give GarageSale 7 a try. Your GarageSale 6 installation will not be altered by trying out GarageSale 7.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• added command to import listing drafts created with the ‘GarageSale Scout’ app on your iPhone
  • performance improvements when selecting groups with a lot of listings (1000+)
  • faster search by changing the architecture of GarageSale’s full text index. If poor search speed is an issue, please consider re-importing your GarageSale 6 library (*)
  • importing your GarageSale 6 library is now a lot faster
  • only the first 100 selected listings are automatically checked for errors to reduce CPU load
  • added a “Move originals to trash after duplication” checkbox to the alert panel that comes up when you try to start an already started listing
  • a zero value received by eBay for the ‘actual shipping cost’ no longer overwrites your local input
  • the Scheduler window updates when you change a listing’s name
  • added a “Generate SKUs” button to the variations panel, that will compute unique SKUs for your variations
  • shipping cost from eBay should now show up in GarageSale more reliably
  • shows a progress indicator while searching
  • fixed a bug in the GarageSale 6 importer that caused missing images
  • the error count in the toolbar updates as you fix errors in the selected listings
  • when the shipping panel closes, it will only update selected listings if you made changes. Earlier versions updated all selected listings with the shipping options from the first listing, even when you didn’t make any changes
  • when the shipping panel closes, it will update the listings that where selected when it was opened, not the ones that are selected when closing
  • when EPS is selected as image server, images in GarageSale’s preview now have the same size as in the started eBay listing
  • your settings for Global Shipping, Shipping Rate Table and Shipping Discount are now transferred to eBay

(*) this change requires a re-import of your GarageSale 6 database. Please see below for instructions.

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

The application won’t even open

I have lots of data.
-Live listing
-over 400 templates in all

Downloaded it, Opened it, and it just quits on its own.
I’ll go back to 17 or 18.

Hi there I have updated to knew beta 19 but can not see any of my listings why is this as I can not revise or do nothing.

Mine opens but keeps crashing can not see no listings or anything how do you go back to 17 version?

Just download version 18 or 17, completely close 19, and then open the old one, it will work right away. That’s all. Delete the old Garage Sale file and replace it with the one from 18 or 17.

I think 17 or 18 should be fine, I was upgrading from 17 to 19, so I simply went back to 17.

Hopefully they resolve this issue next week. it’s the weekend and I understand these gentlemen need a weekend break like all of us :smile: … so let’s just wait for version 20.

Thanks for that they could of made us upgrade after the weekend so they got time to sort it out lol

Here is a workaround for the crash in Beta 19:

• Open an older beta version of GarageSale (b17 or b18 should be fine)
  • Go to “Help” menu > “Show Library Folder”
  • Quit GarageSale
  • In GarageSale’s library folder, delete the folder “CategoryData”
  • Now you should be able to run GS Beta 19 (the first preview might be a little slower, because it needs to download eBay category data)

Thanks for that just done that and all working again :grinning:

I’m not sure if it’s helpful to let you know I haven’t had any issues opening Beta 19 and I haven’t seen it crash.

I just decided to do some work on it but now loads of my items have gone from my garage sale now not happy.

nearly all active listings gone and anyone know if there ever come back or do I try to import them but that will take for ever to sort out?

Well lost nearly all my listings are they going to come back as I got so far behind now and just made it 10 times worse.

Sent from my Xperia Z3. On O2.