GarageSale 7 Beta 20 Released

What version are you testing with?

What takes so long is loading all items into memory and merging their values for display in the inspector. That’s why we limit the number of items editable in the inspector to 5000. So selecting a group with more items should be super faster, as only the items immediately visible are loaded from disk.

I tested this with a group of around 50,000 items. This takes well under a second to load.

Another question: Is there a way to easily move a listing from 1 folder to another without having to drag it? Is it possible to create a Cut/Paste command? Because when the folders have 500 or more items, it’s a lot of dragging…

Sorry, that’s not possible at the moment.

I’lll add your request to our to do list.

I’m looking for a feature from GS6 that used to be in General Shipping but seems to be missing
in GS7. I can change weight and offer different shipping services, but can’t see where to add a handling fee.

Also, I had one shipping rule created, but can’t see if it migrated to 7 and don’t know where to look for it

Really like the option to sort store categories alphabetically, any chance this will be updated to reflect sub-categories?

Right now I have a number of primary categories with many sub-categories, including “other”.

When I alphabetize my store categories, I see many "others’ in a row, with no way to determine what the primary category is.

Could you post a screen shot showing this?

Did you try clicking the “Advanced” button in the shipping options?

Thank you, didn’t see advanced option.

Here’s the issue with the category sorting. I have categories like “Movie Memorabilia” or “Music Memorabilia” that have many subcategories, but for anything that doesn’t fit into those subcategories, I have an “other” subcategory - and in both of those primary categories I have subcategories called “posters”.

If I use alphabetical sorting (a GREAT feature I’ve been requesting for years), without subcategories, I can’t determine what’s going to land where. I could rename all the subcategories, but it would be preferable if the drop-down had primary categories and subcategories. Here’s a pic, as requested.

Thank you! By the way, I’m getting a whole bunch of spinning beach ball, just using the new update for nothing huge. And I’ve got a fast HD and all that.

Can you do me a favor and “spin dump” what’s taking GarageSale so long. Here is how to do it:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running
  2. Open the Activity Monitor application (under /Application/Utilities)
  3. Select GarageSale from the list of running applications in Activity Monitor
  4. Chose “View” menu > “Run Spindump” (Activity Monitor will probably ask you for an admin password at this point)
  5. Continue using GarageSale normally
  6. After you experienced a couple of hangs, return to Activity Monitor, save the spin dump log, and send it to me

Every time you see the beachball cursor, what methods GarageSale spends its time in is written to the log file. With that log we can figure out if its indeed the database that slowing GarageSale done, or something else like Thumbnail generation, Category data parsing, inserting new eBay orders or messages into the database.

how do i send it to you? it’s too big to post here.

Have you tried to compress the file as a .zip file?

i did that, but i don’t see where to upload it to this website.

I believe you can just drag the zip file into the text area of your reply.

it’s too big… 1,052,179 bytes (1.1 MB on disk)

In this case send it to me via e-mail.

yes, what’s your email?

I sent you private message on this site. You should see it when login in to help.iwascoding.com.

So, I have a big auction with about 1000 items to upload. But I’m worried to start it. The spinning ball is getting worse. My version 6 started getting stuck in the middle of uploading auctions – I would like to know if this has been addressed? I need my items uploaded 1 minute apart, and it messes everything up when the program gets stuck… Please advise!