GarageSale 8.1 Beta 11 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 8.1 Beta 11 is available for you to download from this link:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.1b11.dmg

What’s new in Beta 11:

• a secondary eBay category can be removed with a Revise operation from a running listing on eBay (if still allowed for that listing by eBay)
  • improved “Show listings with/without issues” command in Launch Control context menu
  • added “Listings” and “SKU” columns to overview table in the Orders section
  • users can search for SKUs of ordered items in the Orders section

What’s new in Beta 10:

• you can now search for titles of sold listing in the Orders section
  • the “Import Inventory Items” toolbar button in the Inventory section works again

What’s new in Beta 9:

• the “Take Photo” from iPhone command in the context menu of the Preview now works as expected
  • Launch Control Window: ‘Use Multiple Connections’ option stays enabled after starting a single listing only
  • updated German localization

What’s new in Beta 8:

• preview is no longer updated after every keystroke in the SKU field to reduce CPU load

What’s new in Beta 7:

• fixed a bug, that caused missing listings in the My eBay import panel

What’s new in Beta 6:

• improved performance when updating list of warnings and errors in Launch Control window, especially when it’s processing a lot listings

What’s new in Beta 5:

• fixed a crash when switching to Report section
  • fixed an issue that caused smart groups in order section would not show correct results

What’s new in Beta 4:

• fixed bug where certain eBay orders would be repeatedly marked as “new”
  • Synching: GarageSale will warn users when synching with GarageSale 8.1 for the first time, that older GarageSale will no longer be able to access their synch accounts

What’s new in Beta 3:

• improved startup performance, especially when a lot of listings where selected when GarageSale was last quit
  • fields for entering VIN and parts compatibility are immediately visible in the inspector when switching from Motors to non-Motors site
  • Preview: Character count in title field (listing design) now gets shrunk while typing

What’s new in Beta 2:

• when revising a listing’s quantity on eBay, a warning is displayed if the new quantity exceeds the current quantity left
  • when using the “Update existing listings” during CSV or XML import, GarageSale can open the Revise panel for updated, running listings after the import is done
  • CSV Import panel remembers last used column configuration and window size
  • when using the “Update existing listings” during CSV or XML import, all listings with a matching SKU are updated

What’s new in GarageSale 8.1:

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

Absolutely stunning!

I heard from Grandtotal dev that he added SKU in invoices. He said that GS “should” add a field for SKU in invoice. Do you know something about it?

1 Like

I’ll let him know that we are already exporting the SKU field in the file we are sending to GrandTotal.

Thanks Ilja, please let me know when you have news, I am waiting before upgrading because that would be the only reason to do, for me. If it does not work, sadly I will continue working without SKU in invoices, which is a problem for me. There are not many devs careful to customers needs like here in GS !!!

According from to the author of GT, the SKU is already imported as a custom field, which you need tom embed into your layout. I have no knowledge of GT, so I don’t know how that would work.

Thank you Ilja, is that GT 6 I suppose. Time ago, when I contacted their support, they told me that SKU wasn’t included in GT 5.

I have no clue, but I don’t think why would have sent my a screenshot from an old version. So it’s probably a feature of the current GT version.

Thanks Ilja for your help!

is looking good now. Ilja. Thanks it is very useful.

Just finally updated to v8.1 Beta 11, from v8.0.12b3 which has been working GREAT!!!

1. So… updating v8.1 indexes took almost 10 minutes, without “progress” bar updating…

2. Listing Search field is now much smaller, intentional??? See photos 1 and 2 below.

3. Order item sold shows a SKU, but listing does NOT have SKU. See photos 3 and 4 below.
    Order item SKU IS a valid SKU. See photos 5 and 6 below.

Neal

Where? How???

Neal

Maybe I am just missing something, but where is this??

Two finger press on my track pad over the Launch Control window. Guess that is right mouse click but not certain.

I didn’t know it was there until recently.

David

Thank you David, something more hidden is quite difficult to think! Next time I will try and let you know… anyway, a button in launch control is really necessary.

The Services menu items no longer work. They DID work in v8.0.12.

Other Services menu items also return errors.

Neal

More about the “Show listings with/without issues” feature and how to access it is available in the help here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Starting_Listings.html#dealing-with-errors-and-warnings
(scroll down to the bottom)

Regards, Kristian

I will check, I am quite sure I tried right click on launch control but nothing appeared…

The “All Fields” options searches these SKU and listing name as well now. We’ll add extra menu entries for these later.

I know the answer! :slight_smile: Make toolsbars, and the search field width, customizable/configurable… :slight_smile:

Neal

I take this old thread to introduce a consideration. Why don’t you add a feature to relaunch those not started? I expected to find something like: right click > start again issues listings. Never thought about this?

P.S. Anyway, my suggestion, you really should put something more evident than a right click…