GarageSale 9.7.1 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 9.7.1 is now available for download from this URL or the built-in updater:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.7.1.dmg

What’s new in GarageSale 9.7.1

• Preview Mode: fixes an issue introduced in GS 9.7, where the Preview would steal the keyboard focus when a new listing is selected

What’s new in GarageSale 9.7

• fixes a Preview related crash on the macOS 14.4
  • added a ‘filter by title’ field at the bottom-left of the main window
  • Preview Mode: Title field wraps lines when running out of space; You can now use the tab key to quickly switch between most input fields
  • Preview: Fixed an issue with the ‘condition description’ field
  • XML Import: added work around for sandbox restrictions when importing images from local disk
  • JavaScript API: added ‘useSKU’ command to listing
  • search results are now displayed hierarchically, showing the names of their enclosing groups
  • when switching between modes (listings, orders, inventory items), the content of the search and filter fields is restored

Notes about the new filter field

The new filter field bypasses the search index, and performs a literal, case-insensitive string search. It will find patterns of special characters and numbers, which you might not have been able to find using the index based search function.

It can also be used to further narrow results obtained by using the regular search function.

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Ilja, and Paul

2 Likes

I didn’t know how to describe the problem but “stealing my keyboard” is a good way to say it. GS is all better now. Thanks for the hard work keeping Garage sale up to date!

1 Like

Thank you. The latest update fixed the same issue for me as well, but I do have another issue that popped up since 9.7 and is also in 9.7.1. Will post in the next message…

Ever since I updated to 9.7 and now 9.7.1 every time I go to list an auction I get the pop up that I am using the demo version of GS and that I can only post 3 listings. I have to click ok and it continues. I am not using the demo but the pro version. Once I click OK it posts and I have posted more then 3 items, so it is not imposing the limit but annoying to have to click OK when I didn’t have to to this before. See photo attachment.

This popped up for me on GarageSale 9.7 Alpha 3 Released
It was either Paul fixing it at GS or me restarting my computer and GS a couple times and has been fine for me since.

You most likely just need to sign in again with your Pro account.

Can you open the GarageSale preferences > Pro and sign-in again there with your Pro account? Sign-out first if you are already signed-in.

A new behavior has started with this release. When editing the title the font size of the title jumps down to about 9 and there is no BOLD anymore. Leaving the listing and coming back restores the size again but rechecking the title makes it jump down again. This makes editing terribly difficult because the cursor doesn’t go to the space desired.

1 Like

This seems to happen sporadically when clicking into the title field right after the listing has loaded.
The good news is I already got another report earlier and already fixed it. The fix will be included in the next update.

2 Likes

I have been having a major issue since the new version. I have loads of variable listings, and suddenly, I am selling items that have already been sold and had a 0 qty in inventory. Has anyone else had this problem? I have over 4000 items listed and am freaking out and worried about getting dinged by eBay.

My 0 qty variable turning into qty available has been in my toy category under board games. The listings have been stopped until I can figure this out. Two listings so far. God help me. My return rate will get dinged, negative feedback, and possible eBay suspension, if I cannot get this fixed. Twenty-plus years as a seller. I have been with GS for about 4 years now and know the software well, especially variables.

I have made no changes to my listings and am so careful of inventory control, especially after not initially understanding qty changes in variables last year.

So glad to hear that, as that is definitely a bug that is visually annoying!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.