GS 9: problem with eBay token

I will try to delete account from GS 8, restart and re-add it. I will see if this works.

No, you should just not switch between GS8 and GS9 on an hourly basis. GS8 will break your token for GS9 (as they share the same Keychain entry).

You should either completely work on GS8 or GS9.

Why do you hesitate to completely switch to GS9? You should be able to migrate your orders, too. In addition, your data will be more and more different the longer you work on them. There is no way of importing only the changes from GS8 into GS9. So in a few weeks or months you will have to migrate GS8 to GS9 and completely lost your work on GS9.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
I see, thanks for explanation.
The situation is quite complicated. I now work on GS from 2 different machines. One is left in the office and works 24/7, at least it will start to work as soon as a solution for the ā€œout of stockā€ issue will be found :pray: (Issue with multiple quantity listings and auto relist feature). I work and check it remotely from my laptop. The second machine is used to manage orders, create new listings but not for working and managing active listings. In other words, one machine is used to manage active listing with auto-ending and restarting feature (GS9), the second one (with GS8) is used to only create listings (which are then imported into the first Mac to be listed) and to manage orders. I hope I explained it clearly (sorry if notā€¦ let me know). This is why I donā€™t care if their database are different. I wonā€™t lose the work on GS9 because this is still the main machine, but not yet fully working on its own. Hopefully soon, when a workaround for the ā€œout of stockā€ issue will be found ( :pray:), the first Mac with GS9 will work on its own, and the second Mac, whose listings will be all expired in one or two months, will be only a database of inactive listings. This is why I need GS downloading photos for orders which listings are not in the database (thanks again Ilja for that, I will check soon if everything works fine).

Then, the second machine has still Sierra installed and I am afraid updating to the newer OS would slowly down the machine itself and also changing my workflow. This is why I still use GS8 on it, I am afraid GS9 might give troubles on Sierra. Moreover, as you know I really spent times in the past for testing GS, now I do it but I would like to do it on a separate database as a sort of prevention agains any possible trouble (at least until the beta wonā€™t end). I am too worried about corrupting my 27.000+ active listings database, it would be a nightmare to rebuiltā€¦
This is in summary the reason of my actual situation. I really didnā€™t expect it would have created problem with the ebay token. I will upgrade also the second Mac to GS9, if there are no other solution. ā€¦ arenā€™t they @paul ?

3 weeks ago I jumped from 10.15.7 Catalina to 12.2.1 Monterey. I was having mild weird GS 8 glitches so I made the jump to 12.2.1 Monterey when GS 9 came out. Aside from the mild sidebar issue (been reported) it has been seamless and without problems so far.

Thanks Richard, maybe itā€™s time to upgrade, but over all possible issues of GS (which mild weird glitches did you had?), now I am really afraid newer OS might slowing down my Macbook pro (mid 2015). Too many times happened and I donā€™t wonā€™t it to happen again (both on iPhones and Macs). Sierra works so fast on my machine, the workflow is almost perfect. I am afraid and tired of forced obsolescenceā€¦

The new updates to GS 8 &9 and beta testing was being done on Monterey and Big Sur by GS and I was having issues because fixes to GS being done didnā€™t work back on OS 10. My computer is a late 2015 maxed out with chips and the fastest for the time processor 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. Speed issues for me has to do with cable internet and never computer processing speed. I always wait 6 months to upgrade OS to let other people work on the problems.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.