Location of listings on Mac

My current version of GS has stopped working - crashes every time I try to open it.

Downloaded the latest version and it’s importing what I assume to be my current listings - except it is getting stuck at 107800 entries written and just hangs.

So I want to try and import manually, but I cannot locate the directory on my Mac.

Can someone please help?

Here’s the error message:

Process: GarageSale [1926]
Path: /Applications/GarageSale 2.app/Contents/MacOS/GarageSale
Identifier: com.iwascoding.garagesale7
Version: 7.0.21 (859)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: GarageSale [1926]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-09-09 16:50:20.365 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G14042)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 3875641E-6FC1-05E9-B0FF-E19150E548E5

Time Awake Since Boot: 1600 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 4 Dispatch queue: com.apple.NSURLSession-work

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007c8e8499bec8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Maybe it’s still busy and just needs some more time.

Even if you locate the directory of the old GarageSale, it won’t help because the items are not stored there as single files.
What you can do is to start your old GarageSale 7 (turn off your internet connection first so it doesn’t crash) and then export your desired listings using the Export command from GarageSale 's File menu. If done, you can import them in GarageSale 9.

However, as I wrote, I would give the running import process a bit more time.

Regards, Kristian

GarageSale 7 is using an older eBay API.
These crashes are due to eBay finally turning off their old attribute API.

Initially, that move was anticipated for January '22, but it seems eBay delayed it until now. We informed our users about the upcoming change and its incompatibility with GarageSale 7 and 8 in October of 2021:

The solution is to upgrade to GarageSale 9, for which we re-built the internal attribute system to cope with this API change.

Regards, Kristian

Should I just reinstall GS9 and let the import finish?

Thanks

UPDATE

I was able to upgrade from 7 software to 9 and that was waaaaaaay faster and easier. Now I just need to subscribe to Pro.

Thanks

Just installed 9.0.5 (1436)

Connected my ebay account

And its started crashing again

Not even managed to be able to get to the licence/payment screen to upgrade.

How do we resolve this?

I’m just concerned if I DO manage to get to the payment/subscribe screen that the actual product will then work.

Also, tried to import all my old listings and the whole thing hung for over two hours.

In GarageSale 9.0.5, can you please go to the “About GarageSale” screen from the “GarageSale” menu. Please copy the “crash id” listed there and paste it here. That would help us lookup details on your particular trash.

Thanks.

Ok, so having upgraded and subscribed to version 9.0.5 and my listings won’t import, I removed the latest version and reinstalled the old 7 version and imported my listings. That worked fine - listings are all there from the backup, but due to the API/eBay upgrade it obviously won’t work to actually integrate with eBay.

So I go to Check for Updates so I can install version 9.0.5 over the current version so it means my listings will remain and I get the latest version which actually works.

For the last three days, when I try to do this I get “an error occured while downloading the update”.

I’m slowly losing patience with it.

Can you please help?

Thanks

And I also tried just installing and replacing 7 with the latest version of 9.

Which works.

But all my listings have now disappeared.

If you already have GarageSale 9 installed, there’s no reason to download it once again. (Also, the update mechanism in the old GS7 is too old.)

Instead, try to let GarageSale 9 re-import your previous GarageSale 7 database.
Please see FAQ #32 “How do I re-import a previous GarageSale 7 or 8 database?” here:

Hint: To easily locate the different database folders of GarageSale 7, GarageSale 8 and GarageSale 9 in Finder you can use the Apple Script provided here:

Thanks. I’ve actually wiped and reinstalled my Mac completely as it wasn’t performing very well.

So I can start from scratch.

Installed GS 9 again - but when I go to enter my license code it says it is out of date (which I know is correct). Click on upgrade and log in - but it asking for me to pay again. I’ve already bought a subscription a few days ago.

How do I connect the new installation to my subscription?

Thanks

You should be able to enter/sign-in with your Pro account details, e.g. in the GarageSale preferences > Pro.

Ok so I have GS 7 restored complete with imported backup of database

For some reason GS 9 just hangs if I try to import the database

Downloaded GS 9. Ran the script above. GS 9 opens

Select Import Database

Get this error:

Library Format Too Old

Please run the the latest version of GarageSale 7 before migrating to GarageSale 8.

I am running the latest verion of GS7

I am not trying to import into GS 8

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.