So maybe someone from iwascoding can answer these questions so we can get some solutions and shut down this thread? After many replies (thanks everyone) and more questions from other members I’m no closer to answers on my original post and am now left with even more questions about Automatic restart than I had to begin with.
PLEASE NOTE - ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS REFER TO AUCTION & FIXED PRICE LISTINGS (NO GTC LISTINGS)
Here’s a summary, attempting to be as articulate, brief and clear as possible:
1. Is it possible to add Automatic Restart within GarageSale AFTER eBay listing has begun (to revise currently running listings)? If so how? Please outline all steps. (I tried but couldn’t do it. Afterwards my listings ended. They automatically restarted because I revised them on eBay website before the listings ended. Sadly they now don’t appear as active listings within GarageSale.)
2. How many times will GarageSale relist if ‘Automatic Restart’ box is selected? Indefinitely? Or is it the same as when listing or revising the item from eBay website, which relists unsold items up to 9 more times after original (unsold) listing has ended? I don’t believe unlimited relists are free, just 9. It would be good to know if GS is set up to stop after 9 relists as eBay does?
(Automatic relists don’t count towards zero insertion fee listing balance. From eBay Australia: “For casual, non-business sellers, your initial listing counts towards your monthly free listings allowance, but automatic relisting doesn’t. If you’re a business seller using Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro, or Seller Hub, normal insertion fees apply to each automatic relisting.” Source: Relisting items | eBay)
3. If I want to use the Automatic Restart feature in GS (inspector/advanced/automatic restart) - do I need to have the quantity set to “1” in the quantity box if I only have one of that item? Or do I leave it blank?
4. The GarageSale online manual shows 3 relisting options are available from the pull-down tab.
However GS 7 only has 2 options: Relist with changes OR Relist with Image & Description Changes. (Assume the manual needs to be updated?) In the meantime, am I correct to understand that ‘Relist with Changes’ will include EVERYTHING on listing that has changed since original listing?
5. Finally, GarageSale Automatic Restart does not show up as being selected when viewing listing on eBay website through ‘revise your item’ or ‘edit’ view. See here how the box is showing up as unticked:
Does this mean that eBay does not recognise GS relists and starts them as new listings? Don’t want to have to pay listing fees again when they should be free or to use up my monthly free listings allowance twice on the same listing!
This was mentioned by vince4GS on this thread 5 days ago:
My experience using ebay Australia, and my first times with GS7, were that the GS Relists were seen an new/additional listings by ebay (and billed accordingly) Only when using the Revise Your Item link in ebay can you check the box to get Automatic (and free) relisting.
The GS Relist function does not ‘check’ this on ebay, and in my experience a GS Relist will be billed as a new listing. I am happy to be corrected, AND I’d much prefer to it be managed all in GS!
That’s a big concern if you have over a hundred listings running, as I do!
Looking forward to some clarity on these. Thank you kindly.