Number of Views not updating....still (Live)

There must be a bug in the eBay View API, as this used to work before eBay changed/reset the view count.

The view count shows up on the eBay website, but now the View Count is always zero, 0, in GarageSale.

I’m using eBay USA.

Neal

2 Likes

Hiya! @paul @sdesaulles @Neal This stopped working as soon as eBay changed the way eBay counts views. - Updates to listing traffic data | UK Seller Centre

So i guess this has affected the API somehow.

All the best

1 Like

Probably due to eBay’s recent change to limit the number of Views to the past 30 days. I have this same issue.
Warren

1 Like

My GarageSale View Count is still always zero 0, but the actual view count DOES show up on my eBay USA website…

Neal

Same here. I hadn’t noticed that!

Old GS listings prior to 4/30 still are counting views in GS.

Watchers Count IS updating, but Views Count is NOT updating.

See photos.

Neal

![Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.12.51 AM|1024x735, 100%](upload://u75urEZ8TsYBy7nd7xmzm6mrILl.

jpeg)

Seeing the same thing here. And I did refresh my eBay token with no change in behavior, so that’s not the solution.

seems like a pretty basic info to get from ebay. I wonder why it isn’t updating into GS?

It was working fine through the end of May. I was away the entire month of June and when I came home, it was broken.

Very few views tells me that I need to change the title. I experiment with keywords on similar items and watch the views. A 0 on a couple and a 10 on one in a day tells me that the keyword combination is best on the 10. The watcher count tells me if the price is too high, too low, or just right. You are right though, it is all guesswork.

I couldn’t replicate the issue with our own listings. Number of views in GarageSale and on eBay match up.

Anybody still not seeing the view count correctly update?

Here is a screen shot of listings running for 30 days. Only old listings before 4/29/22 are updating. ilja are your sample listings from before 4/29?

Yes, the listing I checked is much older.

Can you give me the listing number of one of your listings so I can follow up with eBay what might be causing this issue?

eBay item number: 394076453534

Hi Ilja,

Welcome Back!! Hope you had a GREAT biking Holiday!

YES! I’m still seeing all ZERO view counts as detailed above. All of my listings are less than 29 days old, as I Stop and Relist, or Start, every listing every 28 days. Seems to be an eBay issue that started in early May when eBay changed the view count counting…

In using USA eBay.

Neal

Still not working for me. All of the listings I started in the past 10 days show “0” for views. Watchers and Bids do, however, get correct counts from eBay.

Here’s an item number for you to use in checking this out: 275405038280

Thanks all for sending in listing numbers. Let’s see what eBay’s response to my support ticket will be.

Small status update:

eBay changed the status of my ticket about the missing view counts to “Waiting - Bug Fix”.

So at least the eBay person handling my support issue considers this to be an eBay bug. Hopefully eBay engineering agrees and provides a fix soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.