UPC & Shipping Policy Issues Perssist in Garage Sale

I just called eBay here in the USA and there is no way to add an item’s weight to a business shipping policy. I was told that the weight can only be added at the item and listing level.

You are running into a bad system design on eBay’s end. You can either use a shipping policy or specific shipping in the listing itself. You can not mix these two approaches.

So, you would need to create a shipping policy for every different weight class you are selling.

Are you saying that in order to use GarageSale, I must list without using eBay’s shipping policies? I am not able to list any items using GarageSale without a shipping policy because of an eBay error I get. If I pick a policy in GarageSale and try to list with that, I get a different error (item weight required). How would I be able to use a shipping policy in GarageSale? eBay’s policies don’t specifically relate to a weight, and yet eBay does not recognize the weight entered in GarageSale if I list there and use a shipping policy. I have many shipping policies setup and each is associated with a rate that is appropriate for a weight range, but that does not overcome the issue of eBay wanting to know an item’s weight.

No, you either have to put in your item’s weight into the shipping policy (on eBay), or list without a shipping policy.

Shipping policies are optional. There’s no rule that forces a seller to use a shipping policy. What error are you getting? Please send in a screen shot.

On the eBay website, add the weight to your shipping policy for calculated shipping profile.

This might also be a bug on eBay’s end. I’ll send you instruction on to send us the data we need to investigate this.

I have sent the data requested and thank you for the help.

Every new listing, using new or existing template now produces a Shipping Policy error in addition to a Payment Policy error. It’s impossible to list at the moment with Garage Sale unless it’s simply re-listing or revising.

ERROR 21919152: Shipping policy is required.
ERROR 21919153: Payment policy is required.

I don’t know how many days this has been an issue, I just noticed it this weekend for the first time. On Friday I had no issues listing with the same template(s).

I asked eBay’s developer support about this. I’ll keep you posted.

Hello - that was not my comment, but I do think that eBay has started to mandate business policies for either some sellers or some listings/categories. Last week, I was able to list items without a policy in GarageSale and then add the policy by editing the item in eBay, but as of 11/15, this did not work.

I just noticed, that the popup in your second screenshot says “Flat: same cost to all buyers”.

The fields for entering item weight probably won’t show up until you switch that popup to “Calculated”.

I tried that too and also asked eBay, but there is no way to add a weight to a shipping policy - flat or calculated.

eBay creates policies automatically based on your listings and I had up until a moment ago some two dozen shipping policies, three or four return policies and one payment policy listed in eBay’s Business Policies section.

I have deleted all policies except for the defaults so now I have only one return, one payment and one shipping.

Even though there was only one payment policy in place it said there were 0 listed auctions using it. Strange because I’ve never done anything else with respect to payment settings.

While working on cleaning the list up, an error report was generated that contained the following info in relation to two existing (currently listed) auctions:

The specified International shipping service priority 6 is invalid for the shipping service cost override. Priority specified does not have a corresponding shipping service in the policy. It will be ignored.

Even though I have these policies, I have always been duplicating auctions that have their own settings defined for Shipping and the same payment settings - they match the policy data.

But this is what’s causing the errors. If instead I override shipping and Payment in the app with the specific pre-defined policies, the errors aren’t generated. Only a warning is generated saying PayPal has been added (even though it’s the only payment type in the policy).

So it seems like based on setting preferences for payment and shipping in the app, a policy is not being created at eBay with that data. I don’t know if this is a new bug in eBay’s API or a bug in Garage Sale.

IMO, having to predefine a shipping policy in advance is onerous and we really have to be able to modify for specific auctions and list without having to worry about it. The creation of a policy to satisfy any API requirements needs to be done transparently so as not to tie the user down.

Hi,

Has solution been found for the. “Shipping Policy Required” and the " Payment Policy Required" Error messages. I am having the error messages show up and can’t list the items because of it.

I have updated to the latest version of Garage sale

The only option that has worked for me is to list with no policies at all in Garage Sale. Once the listings post to eBay, I have been bulk editing them to add the policies.

It is inconvenient and I hope the issue is addressed quickly by Garage Sale. Even with this issue, though, I still think Garage Sale is faster (especially for large numbers of similar items) than using eBay’s tools.

Here is beta version that adds a local check for this error:

NA in the inspector’s barcode field worked for me too. Thanks!

same issue here, how can I get garage sale to work???

Downloaded Beta but now it tells me

Please select profiles for shipping, payments, and returns, or use no profiles at all.

where do I select a profile?

using the beta and still get this messages

Now using Version 6.9.8b2 (627) and opted out of business policies on ebay still can’t list via Garage Sale

or this message if I use different settings

I mean I purchased garage Sale to make things easier but nowadays it seems much quicker listing with ebay directly

The most recent beta version of GarageSale 6 is 6.9.8 Beta 6, please use that version instead of Beta 2. Here’s the link:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_6.9.8b6.dmg

You need a choose a profile from any of the three popup buttons I encircled on the screenshot below (so they all appear blue) – or choose the “Don’t use profile” option so they all appear grey.